Noggin/Unpaved Saturday December 28 2002

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Jeffrey Gray beat me to the punch, but only because I've been away at my grandma's country home all this past week. Tom was played by the actor Larry Block, and Rafael was played by the Puerto Rican thespian Raul Julia (which explains why I would like to get some sort of photo or video of this character so badly). Hope this helps and happy holidays.

Clean Gultch

Reaction score
Here are the segments in order

1. Opening theme
2. Molly announces the rain storm
3. Jack and the B stalk
4. Yellow squares and circles
5. Painter paints a 4 on a lady;s umbrella
6. Fiddle Player 4 Lions
7. Mahna Mahna
8. David gets his radio from Raphael
9. Bear on bicycle
10. Harvey Kneeslapper slaps a B on Fat Blue
11. Two kids play hide and seek and one loses cause he has to keep coming out to remind the other what letter comes next
12. Tom Puts out plants in rain
13. Big Bird and Shala big and little
14. Farley tries to buy a hat
15. Molly writes in chalk while its raining
16. Kermit's B/R/P/F/I lecture
17. David slips on puddle
18. Ernie's note for Bert
19. Raphael slips on puddle
20. A guy invites an M over to dinner
21. The Mystery of the 4 Dragons
22. A little brown boy and his bear Bosco
23. Lady bugs show addition and subtraction
24. Kermit counts eggs
25. Oscar and David get splashed
26. 4 Penguins
27. Several people and creatures say there big and small
28. Anything muppet is surrounded by a circle that changes size
29. Casey Kasem narrates a B cartoon with a boy knocking stuff of a wall
30. Grover surprises Ernie but the tables are turned becasue it turns out to be Herry in disguise
31. Yellow circles (last one knocks off white smudge)
32. M Cow Moo
33. Bert and Ernie We're out of string
34. Big Bird locks Tom out
35. Ralph and Wally use umbrellas in a whole new way
36. The rain stops
37. Closing theme

Jaboom97

Reaction score
I was wondering about the whole Tom thing and was concerned but the credit have Mr Hooper still listed, but they also have Luis name listed, but like I said earlier the end copyright says 1972 on the rain episode, and the © says 1972 displayed on the black background screen where it gives info on the Ford Foundation, sesame street sign etc. I did notice from 1969 to 1970 at least the copyright was in white on the bottom of the screen when they showed the last picture of whomever holding the sesame street sign. Also new on this episode was the scrolling cartoon with the credits--I never saw this before, does it stay for some time, or was this just a filler for the end? In hopes that Mr Hooper remained an active character until his untimely demise lets hope Tom was just an assistant helping out. He seemed to have a rather unfriendly, pushy attitude, but I can't make a judgement off of one episode. Also wonder where everyone else was on this episode, or was this just too early in the era of new character introductions to where not everyone was on at the same time. I just thought is this the same street?... but at least recognized David, Big Bird and Oscar.

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
You know, remembering the credits, Luis must have joined in 1971, and Hooper must not have left...I know it's not a 1972-73 episode, because Tom, Molly, and Rafael are on the show, and the underwriting credits are still silent...