Non-seperate sets

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I know some of the interiors of the buildings of Sesame Street are seperate sets like the 123 apartments, but which interior sets are actually the interior of the buildings? I know the actual interior of Hooper's Store and the Fix-It/Mail-It-Shop are used for taping, and I believe so is Gina's vet office maybe, are there any others?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... If you get a hold of some classic SS episodes, and Christmas Eve... You'll see that the interior of Gordon and Susan's apartment was used. And I'm not sure if there was a sort of outer hallway area in front of that used as well. There's also the laundry room in the basement of the apartment, but I think that was used just the one time.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The Count said:
Well... If you get a hold of some classic SS episodes, and Christmas Eve... You'll see that the interior of Gordon and Susan's apartment was used. And I'm not sure if there was a sort of outer hallway area in front of that used as well. There's also the laundry room in the basement of the apartment, but I think that was used just the one time.
I know, I've seen inside Gordon and Susan's a few times, but it's a separate set.

travellingpat

Reaction score
Im 99% sure finders keepers and the daycare are seperate sets!

BEAR

Reaction score
What about Big Bird's nest area. That is connected to the street set.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
BEAR said:
What about Big Bird's nest area. That is connected to the street set.
I think it used to be separate in the early years; because I've noticed in older scenes (like Christmas Eve on Sesame Street), the scenery outside Big Bird's doors doesn't look exactly like he's right next to 123.

travellingpat

Reaction score
Big Birds nest area is connected to the set like its seen on TV, right behind the doors and next to Oscars Trash Can!