None Like it Hot: The "I Hate the Heat" Club

RedPiggy

Reaction score
We moved from TX to PA. Couldn't take over 100 degree summers anymore and the pollution was literally killing me. I can sometimes go out on the deck here in the teens with just a nightgown, but it can't have the slightest breeze. edit: That, and I'm getting older, so hot flashes will become more regular, LOL. I'm a winter girl but I do hate falling on ice because it kinda hurts. :smile:

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
It's actually been pretty nice out: not too hot, not too cold, but just right! However on Sunday it got up to 70 degrees which is CRAZY! :eek::grouchy::grr:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Uhhh . . . I thought Trump signed that cockamamy Executive Order saying Climate Change doesn't exist anymore . . . why is it in the 70s today? In February? That is not normal, not even for down here.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Okay, this is going too far - The Weather Channel says the high on Tuesday where I live will be 77 degrees! I mean, come on, it's still winter! Ugh!! :grr::grouchy:

On a happier note, the Weather Channel is predicting that March will be relatively below average in the Southeast, which I am very happy about. :big_grin:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, this is going too far - The Weather Channel says the high on Tuesday where I live will be 77 degrees! I mean, come on, it's still winter! Ugh!! :grr::grouchy:
Yeah, this is turning into a deja vu of last year where we had an entire week in February with highs twenty degrees above average in the 70s; that was a first last year, but now it's looking like this is going to be an every year things now because of Climate Change (that Trump signed an Executive Order saying no longer exists).
On a happier note, the Weather Channel is predicting that March will be relatively below average in the Southeast, which I am very happy about. :big_grin:
Here's the thing though: most of the time when Weather Channel says a certain month (or period of time) is going to be below average, they're almost always wrong. Case in point: they said February was going to be below average and that hasn't been the case at all.

And yet, whenever they say it's going to be above average, they're almost always right.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Here's the thing though: most of the time when Weather Channel says a certain month (or period of time) is going to be below average, they're almost always wrong. Case in point: they said February was going to be below average and that hasn't been the case at all.

And yet, whenever they say it's going to be above average, they're almost always right.
Yeah, you're right; however January they predicted to be above average, but we got extremely below average temps in the 10's and 20's, plus it snowed.

But yeah I hate it when they get it wrong. For example last year they said it was snowing outside; in actuality, it was only raining. But it got on my nerves for some reason.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Like I said, deja vu: this whole entire week is going to be twenty degrees above average in the 70s, this is not normal, and this is only the second year this has ever happened . . . it's like how for a while there, August was prolonging itself well into September, now March is jump-starting into February - another one of my favorite months.

This really bites.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
So I just went outside... and yeah it literally feels like April. This is not okay.:grr:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Dang! Everything's in bloom already because of this week!

How 'bout you, @Froggy Fool, things getting greener down there?