Not getting my e-mails

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hi, I don't know why, but I am not recieving my e-mail notifications.

Is no one or am I a special case?

Bea:zany:reagrd

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Beau,

Yes, you should be receiving notifications if you have subscribed to the proper threads. Go under your "user cp" and "subscriptions" just to be sure you are set up properly. You can look at which threads you are subscribed to as well.

More than likely your e-mail is bouncing from your account. I checked your address and it's a Hotmail one. Hotmail e-mail is notorious for bouncing for any number of reasons. The most common being when your meg limit has been reached. Everything else will bounce. Clear out your inbox and this should take care of it. If you have a non-Hotmail address I recommend switching your account to something else.

Let me know how things work out.

anathema

Reaction score
I am also experiencing problems. For example, I'm currently subscribed to the "Happy Singles Thread". I visited it some time yesterday evening, since when there have apparently been a number of new posts; I have yet to receive notification of them in my email.

This isn't an isolated incident - I'm routinely finding that either emails don't arrive at all, or else several turn up all at the same time, several hours late in most cases.

I have also noticed another glitch: in theory, I should only receive one notification email per thread until I next visit that thread. Instead, I've been getting an email for pretty much each new post even though I haven't had the time to visit it for a couple of days. When they arrive at all, that is ;-)

Is this just me, or does anyone else have this? All these problems began after the upgrade to vB3 IIRC...

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Alex,

Thanks for the feedback. I will look into this.

Do you login and logout each time you visit the forum? This might help ensure that notifications are working properly for you.

anathema

Reaction score
No - the only time I need to login is if I'm accessing the forum on someone else's computer, or when I've cleared out my cookies for some reason.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Phil... Is there some sort of upgrade going on behind-the-scenes? Just asking, cause I haven't received a single Email notification for anything related to MC all day today. Nothing about new members registering, no notifications of new posts in the threads I'm subscribed to, absolutely nothing.
Hope there's nothing wrong, please LMK what to do. Thanks.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Glad I'm not the only one not getting my Emails. I thought it was because I recently changed my Email address to get replies to topics I've subscribed to in here.But apparently it's not.since you're having trouble too,Ed.
Kathy

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... Didn't even get a notification as to this post of mewrs Kathy. The odd thing is, I received an Email notification of a new post in the "Classic Sesame Street Clips" thread though.
Hope everything gets fixed soon Phil.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm working on getting the situation resolved as quickly as possible.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
E-mail appears to be working ok now. There is a backlog of messages that are going out but things should be back to normal later tonight. If anyone else continues to experience problems please post here though.