Not Quite a Puppet

thecompman

Reaction score
Hi all,

What I have to show you is not quite a puppet, but it's very similar so I thought you might like to see it. I've been meaning to make a puppet for a long time, but just haven't gotten around to it, and while I was waiting this project kind of snuck up on me.
My mother is part of a small dance school that always holds a show at the end of the year. This year they were doing some excerpts from Little Shop of Horrors, and since they donate all the proceeds to charity they didn't have the money to buy a regular Audrey II puppet. Plus they wanted the dancer to be able to move around.
So I volunteered to make an Audrey II costume. It was done in a puppet style with everything being constructed out of foam with a lightweight plastic skeleton for some added structural support. Here are the results. I wasn't allowed to take pictures during the show so picture it with the person wearing a green leotard and tights, but you get the idea.
Hope you like it, remember this is my first attempt at something like this, never built a puppet before or something of this scale. It went over very well at the show though. Let me know what you think. Sorry for not linking the links but I don't have 10 posts yet.

thecompman.net/Audrey II1.jpg
thecompman.net/Audrey II2.jpg
thecompman.net/Audrey II3.jpg

Ventrilotwist

Reaction score
That's an awesome interpretation for dancing in! It still ives you the idea, but most regular Audrey IIs aren't movable during use. I saw a production where the characters actually disappeared into her mouth, she was HUGE! Nice work!