Now Playing on MCR

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ed it just depends if the software manufacturer has a way to not reread a page after it's been read once. Technically there is an iframe on this page which just refreshed part of the page. If there is a setting to ignore iframe reloads or something than maybe that would help. Maybe Fragglemuppet can add some insight too if they use the same software. There could be a forum or customer support for your software that might be able to tell us if there is a workaround.

I'm going to assume you have the same problem whenever this page refreshes too, correct?

http://www.muppetcentral.com/radio/

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually no. Again, please allow me to explain.
When I click on the link or bookmark for MC Radio, it takes me to the forum's radio's home page. Once there, I click on the link to "Listen Now". That takes me to extra browser window #1, which has the Live 365 home page, already displaying MC Radio's stats. What I do is click on another "Click to Listen" link, which takes me to a Live 365 log-in page. After supplying my info, that takes me to extra browser window #2 which has a total of three songs in the currently playing listing. So I end up with a total of three browser windows: MC Radio's home page, the Live 365 Online Stations home page, and the one with the Now Playing listings. The last of these does self-refresh, but it's not a problem because I can tab away from it to whichever of the other two windows, close that, and use the other for regular internet surfing/reading. Because it's contained to an external window, the radio's refreshing listings doesn't affect my internet use, and I can always tab back to it whenever I get a song I'm interested in learning it's title or who sings it.

In a nutshell, that's how I listen to MC Radio. However, it seems like a happy medium has been accomplished, since A_Mickey_Muppets reports that the refreshing radio listing's working for him. So I guess all's OK and we're a part of the plan.
Sorry if I've caused any programming headaches... Thanks for everything Phil.

Skye

Reaction score
I think this is very cute and a great addition! :smile:

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
Just wanted to say that I LOVE the new Muppet Central Radio banner. It's gorgeous and I love just looking at it!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I agree, it's convenient and the banner's lovely to look at, thanks!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I have a question. I dont listen to the radio, just cause I cant on my computer. I dont have the program or something (and I am not allowed to download anything). So, is it possible to have some sort of option to not display them? They arent too big and distracting, which I am grateful for though, so if not I can still live with them. They are very nice looking :smile:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Yes, I was having the same problem as Ed. It's terrific though now that the refresh feature is turned of. Thanks Phill.
But yes, I would also have problems when I went to the radio page, which I would do only to view what was playing, as I don't use Live365 to tune in normally.
Thanks for thinking of me Ed, lol!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
No prob Kate. Those of us with batty eyesight gotta stick together. You know, for the longest time I wasn't able to access/listen to MC Radio. Then, my brother installed Windows Media Player and the Listening Wizard for MC was a breeze. Maybe that'd help you too, or anyone who's having difficulties accessing MC's stellar radio services. Just a suggestion, try it out won't you?
Hope this helps.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
It looks really classy and it doesn't make my page load any slower. Great job Phil! :smile: