Now what's going on with YouTube?

Schfifty

Reaction score
I've said this time and time again, but I am sick and freaking tired of these low quality "Kid's Play-Doh Surprise Egg [fill in the blank cartoon and or movie license]" videos. WHY is that a BLOODY thing?!?!
I guess because YouTube has become a big medium for children's entertainment, and people seem to think that children will watch just about anything that's bright and colorful. It even surprises me that some of those channels are verified and have over a million subscribers.

I agree with you on the blocking videos feature option. I'm not interested at all in those cheesy edutainment videos, so why do I need to see them in my suggestions?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
and people seem to think that children will watch just about anything that's bright and colorful.
Well you know that SST was trying to make the set more bright and colorful prior to the Season 46 overhaul in an attempt to reel in more kids to watch, since apparently kids are more interested in settings that are bright and colorful.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I guess because YouTube has become a big medium for children's entertainment, and people seem to think that children will watch just about anything that's bright and colorful. It even surprises me that some of those channels are verified and have over a million subscribers.
The only entertainment value I see in those is maybe the parents being too poor to constantly buy kids toys, so toy reviews are the...next best thing, I guess?

Yeah. Maybe it's the fact that anytime you make just the right search or have that one video that shares a codeword in your history, you get a crapload of these in your playlist. They probably get their views either by accident or by someone wondering what the heck those have so many views for.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay...there is a "not interested" type button in the recommended videos results. They're just those hidden to the side 3 vertical dots things. But if you're able to actually find them, not only can you shut off recommendations to certain channels, but it lists exactly the video you watched that yielded the results.

And I was right. I only get those awful "Surprise Egg Play Doh" videos because I watch Transformers (cartoon) and Lego (animated short) videos.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The thing of it is, they're like weeds, they keep coming back, even if you click "not interested."

Schfifty

Reaction score
Why am I suddenly getting those "Congrats, your video is on YouTube!" e-mails again after I've had it disabled for well over a year?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, YT's doing two annoying things again:

1. Repeating search results. Seriously, it took me 5-6 pages to find a specific SST episode I was looking for because the same handful of results kept being repeated page after page (and I'm not talking about duplicates and copies posted by different people, I mean the exact same uploads).
2. That freakin' GCOD! It's happening on a daily basis now, and sometimes multiple times a day!

And while I'm at it, are anyone else's videos being omitted from search results? I keep noticing my videos disappearing from search results at an alarming rate - so much so that only a certain handful of them will turn up on half a page and that's it.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So whenever I still use production music that's composed specifically for free use on a video, I still get third-party claims from this so-called record "label" called Audiam. I finally did some research on these guys, and would you believe it, they're actually a spying company! They're like Randall from RECESS: they police YouTube and put third-party claims on videos to make money off of them for their clients.

Still, when production music is composed free for use, there should be no reason for a third-party copyright claim.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I really hate YouTube's recommendations for me now. I don't like the idea of having videos that I already watched under recommendations. What I really don't like is the recommended channels.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
How and why is it possible for you to get a third-party copyright claim for the wrong song? Somebody explain this to me. In fact, why is there not even an option to file a dispute for the wrong claim?