Now what's going on with YouTube?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Notice it's always the useful features that YouTube does away with?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
YouTube appears to trying to subliminally make adblock users feel guilty about using ablockers with the brief sad face in place of where the big ad on their homepage would otherwise be.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Mashups, unboxing, top 10s, Vines, summer challenges . . . and now, what's the latest craze sweeping YouTube? Healthbars! Take action movies (or movies with a lot of violent slapstick), and slap healthbars on the screen as if the movies are video games and every hit the characters take is their health going down.

Schfifty

Reaction score
...what?

Gee, I wonder how that started. Maybe a Three Stooges fan who also likes video games decided to take it to a new level?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So I see now there's a CinemaWins channel . . . and why do I get the feeling this channel will flop and fail? I mean already, their numbers look dismal compared to CinemaSins.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So apparently the new YouTube design has one good thing about it: the video player conforms to the size of the video clip. So, if you're watching a video that's 4:3, the video player will be 4:3, not 16:9 pillarboxed.

Like I've been saying for a decade: now if they can only invent TV sets that can be physically resized for whether you're watching something in 4:3 or 16:9 without having to apply black bars to any sides of your screen.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Dailymotion has completely bypassed any and all adblockers. Seriously, not a single adblocker I have installed is stopping any of their ads, from commercials before videos, to banner ads on the pages, and third-party ads on the video timelines.

Dailymotion is crashing and burning quick, fast, and in a hurry.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Ah well, c'est la vie.

Maybe it's because they know that YouTube is already bigger and people block ads on there more, and they're stepping up their game? Either that, or maybe because they realized that certain content is being exclusively uploaded there instead of YouTube (*ahem* Sony) and think ads are absolutely worth it.