Now what's going on with YouTube?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
So I have very stuttery playback on my windows 8 computer thats about 2 years old, but not my 6 year old tank of a windows 7 computer

I use chrome on both.

I can only imagine it has something to do with a computer's ram or processor, since i know my windows 8 computer doesn't have a good processor. I dont even think its intel honestly.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So I have very stuttery playback on my windows 8 computer thats about 2 years old, but not my 6 year old tank of a windows 7 computer
Has anybody yet to have a positive experience with Windows 8? My 7 laptop is almost three years old, and my dad's 8 laptop is just a little over a year, but mine runs a lot better in general than his does, and he doesn't even use his very often.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Has anybody yet to have a positive experience with Windows 8? My 7 laptop is almost three years old, and my dad's 8 laptop is just a little over a year, but mine runs a lot better in general than his does, and he doesn't even use his very often.
Windows 8 is optimized to run everything through apps. putting it on laptops was a really really dumb idea. The apps tend to run just fine, its trying to load anything else that it just chugs

I should really try using the youtube app on it, but tbh, I refuse to use the app version of anything. I hate apps.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Not YT, but Google nonetheless, and very annoying:

Whenever you do an image search and click on an image, yeah, the info box still opens, but you're automatically sent back to the top of the page, prompting you to scroll all the way back down to the image you opened.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Is anyone else getting a bunch of black rectangles instead of thumbnails when searching?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm also now getting occasional screen tearing when watching vids, and this only happens on YT, not Dailymotion, or when watching vids on my harddrive on WMP, just YT... and it's really weird too, because the size of the video player also affects the screen tearing itself - for example, say you watch a vid full screen, the screen tearing will be in the shape of the default player.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
that sounds like an HTML5 problem, and I dont think IE is fully compatible with it

like i said before, youtube does not use flash to play their videos

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why can't the internet use just one thing and stick with it? I remember how fed up I got with Java back in the day (and constantly having to update it like every couple of weeks).

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
i havent really dug too deep into it, because i dont care, but I think HTML5 is meant to replace flash, since a lot of apple devices and tablets and such don't support flash. but i could be very wrong.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wasn't Flash originally developed with Apple computers in mind?