Now what's going on with YouTube?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm curious if this is happening to anyone else recently: you comment on a video, but the comment only appears when you're still logged in your account, otherwise the comment disappears when logged out or on a different account?

Schfifty

Reaction score
I don't recall at the moment if that's ever happened to me. I haven't commented on a video in a while.

So does anyone like the new Video Manager? I think it's okay, but I don't like how the likes/dislikes are now on top of one another instead of next to each other, if you know what I mean. It reads much better when the likes are on the left side of the dislikes instead of on top. I do like how the views stand out a bit when they're in their own column underneath the privacy setting icon, and how the views are now bolded so they stand out visually. I especially like that the titles are now bolded.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I only check my Video Manager once a week because since my older/goof-off channel isn't synced to a Google+ account, the only way I check comments and other messages (if any) is through the Video Manager. When I checked this week it still looked the same, so I just checked it out, and ehh, it doesn't bother me - obviously, it'll take getting used to, but whatever.

Drtooth

Reaction score
YT is being highly passive aggressive with the ad-block. Videos don't even start until the commercial's time duration, even if you don't see the commercial.

mr3urious

Reaction score
YT is being highly passive aggressive with the ad-block. Videos don't even start until the commercial's time duration, even if you don't see the commercial.
I use a little add-on for Firefox called YouTube Enhancer Plus that allows me to remove a pre-roll ad with just a click of a pop-up box. Works for me quite well. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Again, I have more than one adblocker installed on my computer because one wasn't cutting it - I never have to sit through those commercials! AdFender and Adblock Plus for IE.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I see YT's back to its old tricks of not wanting to load/buffer vids, resulting in clicking refresh quite often, otherwise you either get that "an error has occured" message on most vids, or that circle with the exclamation point in it for HD playback.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Again, I have more than one adblocker installed on my computer because one wasn't cutting it - I never have to sit through those commercials! AdFender and Adblock Plus for IE.
Only reason I even use Ad Block is to avoid those terrible ads that install Trojan Horse viruses automatically. Nope. Not the ones that say "would you like to install such and such." The ones that do it automatically while you're out of the room for a whole 3 seconds. I had those a couple times and it was frustrating.

But yeah, seems like YT says "yeah, well, we're not going to load the video until the ad you would be forced to be watching would be over. So heh Haw!"

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Only reason I even use Ad Block is to avoid those terrible ads that install Trojan Horse viruses automatically. Nope. Not the ones that say "would you like to install such and such." The ones that do it automatically while you're out of the room for a whole 3 seconds. I had those a couple times and it was frustrating.
Dude, deviantART got so bad about that one year, thankfully a friend turned me on to Spybot Search & Destroy, because that was the only effective way to get rid of those things. Seriously, I believe in one month, dA infected me like ten different times with those trojans that installed fake anti-virus programs that would disable your browser and your real anti-virus program (I had McAfee at the time because it used to be complementary with Comcast internet . . . it went downhill fast when it was no longer complementary). I remember trying to bring this to the staff's attention, and they asked me to link them to the specific ad that caused the problem . . . thing of it is, I don't pay attention to ads, and they happened at random, so it wasn't like it was one specific ad that caused the problem.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't know what they broke now, but whenever you try to watch a video fullscreen, the entire screen is distorted: even the video player itself is distorted - everything is blurry and pixelated, no matter what playback quality you've selected; even the video player is blurry and pixelated/
Okay, this is still an issue, however, I've discovered that this only happens when you try to watch videos that don't come in 720p or higher.

Oh, and you know another reaon why these disappearing/overlapping video player bars is still a bad idea? Because some older videos have annotations that link to other videos or channels at the bottom of the screen, but now you can't click them because the video player overlaps them when you try to click them.