Numbervania: 1000 Tricks & Treats

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
-------------
Prologue: Zero Hour

On that cool November afternoon, a lone stranger approached the outer gates of the Count's castle. The wind swirled and swept, autumnly leaves scattered about the ground, creaking doors opened up before him as his walking cane tapped the cold cobblestones. The cooling breeze buffeted his brownish hair, his fingers brushed it back, his gaze hidden behind his stylish wraparound dark glasses adjusted to where he felt the knocker should be. His mission here... Well, An old acquaintance of his—a master numerian vampirian—lured Ed out of his loneliness, promising a renewed restoration of his counting confidence. As Ed placed his hand on the doorknob, soft purring greeted him, a black motherly cat rubbed against his welcome presence. Fatatatita might have been the first, but she wouldn't be the last... Nay, our stay at this counting castle was merely beginning—both Ed and the Count were to receive many surprises as their counting was about to commence.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Many surprises indeed! I eagerly await what is in store here Ed! Nice beginning!

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Eddie...

This makes me so happy,
especially since I cannot update anything for this terrible month.
I feel so much better.

Update soon.
Made me grin (widely) for some odd reason.

*Bows*

:stick_out_tongue:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
-------------
Page 1: Counting is Wonderful.

"Greetings!" cried our host, fond of announcing himself that way, a broad smile upon his face. The green cape he wore spread out—in similar fashion as his right hand—in a gesture bidding welcome to his honored guest. Paisley pattern on the cape's inside would've hypnotized any other viewer should they shift their eyes to that jazzy splotchery. The Count felt his left shoulder burdened for a second... His hand reached to find a brown Muppet bat resting there now. Batty as he was known, had previously swooped down from the rafters to deliver the gift—sent as a token by the vampire's colleagues—a marble white 1 now comfortably yet carefully clutched in the counter's left handed grip.
"Ah, that makes 1, 1 counted soul in this, 1 creepy castle!" he proclaimed... His supernatural suggestion produced a singular storm cloud, also marked by the number 1. The orb flashed a small-sized yet potently powerful bolt, flew off to Ed burying itself snugly in his bomber's pockets, waited for him to find it and it's pumpkin ribbon there. "Velcome to my nightmare, I think you're in for a treat" sang out the Count, still smiling where he stood in front of his bat-marked bedroom ushering his friend inwards.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Eddie updated! 1
Eddie updated! 2
Eddie updated! 3

Three cheers from a faithful reader, and friend!
Ah, ah, ah!
I must be dreaming...
Yes.
Dreaming that there are two updates in one whole day.
But, in real life, there are no updates!
Am I right?
Yeah?

Bunsen: Oh, Claudia...
Claudia: @_@ two...TWO UPDATES!
Beaker: *Pinches her*

---

I HAVE BEEN REBORN!
Oh, thank yoouuu!
I love both chapters!
Gets more exciting!
Spookrific!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Mmm... Guess you won't be needing any of these Neman Marcus cookies my mom made, you seem to be hyper enough from the beginnings here.

Going to just highlight the characters, if I can keep this on the track I sorta envision. So don't be expecting two back-to-back long installments if one long one gets posted. Fair warning to all o' ya. Now then, off to #2.
*Hands Claudia a cookie after all as thank-you to my eager younger sis.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Cookie?
sho-should I resist?
No...yes...no...yes...no...yes...
*Dreads*

Oh, I must!
*Takes his cookie and dances away with it...waiting for his next fabulous chapter*

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Vonderful! Your description of your namesake is PERFECT! I really like these little chapters, they make for a nice, quick, easy read. Keep em coming! Please? With muffins on top?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Only if you update yours or get others to update their own stories. We'll see what's next, might end up borrowing from a previous draft for the next segment.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Yes, Bethy, you should!
But...me?
*Sinks her head into a pillow and sobs*
I wish I could!
---

Ok, ok, ok, I am calm!
PEACE!
TRANQUILITY!
Rereading chapters....
loving them.