NYC Macy's Display Update

MuppetFan123

Reaction score
Hey All

Just got back from Macy's in NYC.

Only one window is up right now. The others are still being worked on as I write this

Here is what I saw....

There is a giant Kermit balloon over the Macy's awning on the 34th side of Macys right across from the old Navy Store.The balloon is a replica of the plush doll that Macys is selling.

Under the balloon, on the right side window is a display of all Kermit dolls and in the window next to it is Kermit and Piggy on a couch watching It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie. You can see and hear the movie from the outiside of the store

So, if anyone wants to see the movie before next Friday, go to Macys in NYC :smile:

Kermit and Piggy are facing the television, but if you look sideways, you can get a look at their faces. Foo Foo is also on the couch and Foo Foo is facing the viewers.

The windows that were under construction and from what I could see and read featured Piggy and Robin in Santa's sledwith Piggy holding a Kermit doll, and Rizzo ice skating in Central Park. I also saw a glimpse of Beaker in the back of on of the displays.

The display is supposed to open tomorrow, so i will be there and update you all with a more detailed description on each window.

I took photos of what was up (Kermit Doll Window, Kermit Balloon and Kermit and Piggy on sofa) and will post photos as soon as I get them developed.

BTW...these look like the real deal and not some animatronic knockoff as I took a good look at Kermit and Piggy's display and they looked like puppets cause Kermit had that felt look that you see on a puppet.

Michael

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
My post on this has dissappeared. :-(

I had the press release on it. Sigh. Makes me sad. I have turned it over to Phil, though so hopefully everyone will find out about it soon! :smile:

murgatoad

Reaction score
Originally posted by Muppetfreak
My post on this has dissappeared. :-(

I had the press release on it. Sigh. Makes me sad. I have turned it over to Phil, though so hopefully everyone will find out about it soon! :smile:
Ooh, a coverup. Curiouser and curiouser... :wink:

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
A conpiracy of epic proportions! I demand an investigation! ;-)

I blame EM.TV. Because, well, they suck...

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No conspiracy, I deleted it. Hill had offered to fax it to anyone who wanted it for press reasons. Since the release is now on-line, I didn't want her bombarded with fax requests on the job.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Hey,

I feel like im chasing you all over the place - LOL !

Can you make a video of all the Muppety stuff in the windows and around Macy's ?

Id love to have one, And it would make great Trade Material !

Id also love to buy a set of those Photos from ya !

Let me know

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
MuppetFan123

Under the balloon, on the right side window is a display of all Kermit dolls and in the window next to it is Kermit and Piggy on a couch watching It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie. You can see and hear the movie from the outiside of the store
WOW! That's neat! how long have you been standing in front of that window?:smile:

Zachary,

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
I shall try my darndest, barring breaking news, to get over there on Monday and take pictures. I will try to deliever! :smile:

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

Can someone please walk around the windows with a Video Camera and capture this all on video.

Im not talkin about the Christmas movie playing on the TV Screen, I mean make a video of all the Muppets in there poses ?

Please ?

Id pay good money !

thanks