NYC or LA the Great Debate

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
Alas, I turn to my Muppet people to help me in this great debate. I am in the Children's entertainment/writing/directing career path and am only marginally pleased with the progress of my career thus far. . I live in NJ and commute to NYC, not a bad commute at all. I've had good positions in good companies but I am still not doing what I really want to do. I suppose no one is doing what they really want to do and this coupled with the worst economy ever isn't helping, but here is my beef: Am I being dumb staying in NYC if I want this career? I'm not trying to become Speilberg, I want to be far behind the scenes and most of the corporate stuff is in NY. There is also lots of production over here too, there is just more over there. And since there are so few openings....more is better.

Would I be better served packing it all up to the other coast and doing a writing or directing fellowship? ABC has a nice one that I could get into but I would have to commit to LA for a year. Sesame and Nickelodeon are here but JHC and Disney are over there.

Figure into that a rather serious significant other, friends and family on this coast and I am in a big far quandry. . .

If I lived in a swamp like Kermit and hadn't met the rest of the Muppet gang yet this would be much much easier.....:frown: