Obscure 80s movie reference in an episode of "Sesame Street" this season?

manoftheSTREET

Reaction score
For this one, you need to have seen this season's "Broken B/Letter Of The Month" episode and the 1986 Judd Nelson/Ally Sheedy action movie "Blue City".

In this episode, Telly and Baby Bear, upon recieving the letter of the month "B", sing a song with words that begin with the letter. They use the scat phrasing "Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba" before each B word.

In "Blue City", Judd Nelson's character is scoping out the house of the man who he thinks killed his father. Two of the man's bodyguards are making a sandwich, and they make up a song while making the sandwich. They also use the "Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba" phrasing, or at least something similar to it.

Could anybody who's seen both this episode and this movie tell me if I may have something?

If you haven't seen "Blue City", rent it. It's a great 80s movie with a good cast and some excellent action sequences.

Also, while I'm on the topic of Nelson and Sheedy, did they or any other Brat Packers ever appear on "Sesame Street"? Also, were there any spoofs on the street of Brat Pack movies ("Breakfast Club", "16 Candles" and "St. Elmo's Fire" all sound like perfect titles for "Sesame Street" spoofing)

Sincerely,

John "manoftheSTREET" Kilduff