observation

buckshot

Reaction score
over the last week or so i've looked over a lot of the current and past threads in the puppetry forum, and i just wanted to thank everyone that's contributed. i feel that the info i've received on here has been extremely helpful. it's really one of the coolest puppetry communities that i've found.

so with that said, i had a few questions based on my thread-browsing:

1) what happened to all of the "muppet workshops"? i've read where some of you have actually been able to speak w/ puppeteers that worked/work on henson-related projects. are there still similar workshops open to the public?

2) would there be a possiblity of a QA forum for some of the puppeteers that worked/work on henson-related projects? i know most are busy, but i think it would be cool if we could ask questions about puppeteering/building/etc and get some feedback from the "pros".

3) who makes the puppets for "between the lions"? i've looked through the forum, but can't find anything. rick lyon mentions on his site that 3Design made them. don't really know anything about that company.

i look forward to future discussions! :big_grin:

(ok, ok...i'll stop babbling. allergy medicine + monday morning at work + little sleep = buckshot babble)

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
1) By workshops I assume that you mean things like Muppetfest or last year's event at the Museum of TV & Radio. They're not regularly scheduled, but pop up occassionally (Carroll Spinney was at the PofA Festival in CT two weeks ago for example). The best thing to do is keep your ear to the ground and watch for announcements here or at Tough Pigs.

3) 3Design Studio made the puppets for Between the Lions and they've done a few other shows like Wimzie's House, which Henson sued Cinar for copyright infringement over. 3Design is fairly well-established in NYC as I understand it, but they don't have a web page or anything like that. The company is mostly made up of former Henson staff.

buckshot

Reaction score
exactly what i was talking about...ask and ye shall receive. thanks buck! :big_grin: