Ode to Rowlf Winner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Congratulations to our "Ode to Rowlf" winner Steve Parsons from Ohio! You, the members of our forum, voted and choose Steve's "Magic at 7 PM: A Boy and His Dog" as your favorite "Ode to Rowlf".

Special thanks go to ALL of our participants. You made this giveaway a success. All of the "Odes to Rowlf" were creative and beyond our expectations!

Everyone who submitted an entry (whether your ode was posted or not) should be commended for your talents in expressing your fondness and memories of one of Jim Henson's earliest creations, Rowlf the Dog.

You can read the top eight "Odes to Rowlf" below...

http://www.muppetcentral.com/articles/fanfiction/odes_to_rowlf.shtml

The poll results are accessible here...

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4156

Thanks again to everyone who submitted odes and who participated in voting to choose the winner.

Gonzo

Reaction score
Congrats, Steve--

That was an excellent story. It was very moving. So were many of the other entries, and they all reminded me of just how much I love (and miss) Rowlf.

Great work!

Quinnnnnnnnnnnn

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Congratulations indeed! Eight beautiful odes! Though I voted for another ode, I have to say that I personally liked the story of Steven's ode. Especially the part of the message sent by just the image of Ol' Brown Ears. You know someone's gonna say it, so why not me, the master of numbers.
Dude, you're getting a Muppet bust!

rowlf

Reaction score
Thanks, everyone! My mouth dropped open when I read the announcement, because of all the witty Odes from the other finalists! I've always been taught that in writing, you should write what you know, so a little sentimental "look back" seemed appropriate.
People get a strange look when I tell them that one of my major reasons for going into music was Rowlf, but it just shows the influence of Jim Henson on so many people.
Let's hope they continue to phase Ol' Brown Ears back into future projects!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah.. the one that won was my favorite. Nothing like a great little story like that...

I just think that there were too many different versions of "I hope that something better Comes allong"... not that they weren't great... but that's just wierd....

Joggy

Reaction score
Congratulations Steve! I must say I really liked your story - Rowlf is my piano inspiration too!

Anyway at this point I'd like to thank the "judges" for making my ode one of the top eight, even though I don't speak the language 100%! I feel so honoured! :smile:

gwyn_la_faire

Reaction score
I, also, would like to thank everyone who voted for my poem -- "For Rowlf" -- to make the top 8 and to come in second. I was completely stunned! I had no idea my poem would do so well! Thanks for making my week. I was up against some tough competition -- congrats to everyone who made the top 8!

Steve, congratulations especially to you! What a terrific story! I must admit that yours was my favorite and I'm very glad you won. I thought I detected truth in your story and I was very happy to read your post about your entry. It makes it even more special.

And, yes, you are right about how much Jim Henson and his creations have touched our lives. My son's middle name, by the way, is Henson. :wink:

Jackie

Reaction score
CONGRATS STEVE!! You sooo deserved it!

Thanks to everyone else who voted for meeee! I am honored to be 3rd! hehe! Rowlf Rules and that's what this was really all about :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.