1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Old characters you'd wish would return to the Muppets

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by BlakeConor14, Oct 16, 2016.

1. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

Over the last 40 years there have been 100s of Muppet characters from the world famous Miss piggy to the obscure Nigel the conductor.
    And over the last 26 years since the death of Jim Henson many popular characters have disappeared from the Muppets who we'd wish would return.

My list
    Johnny fiama
    Sal minela
    Dr Phil van neuter
    Clifford
    Clueless Morgan
    Polly lobster
    Nigel (Muppets tonight )
    Howard tubman
    *Dr Julius strangepork

*I knowstrangepork has had background apperences but I mean speaking roles

scooterfan360 and Flaky Pudding like this.
  2. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Doglion!

Flaky Pudding and BlakeConor14 like this.
  3. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

I really want to see Dr. Phil Van Neuter again, he was great, like a hyper Bunsen. Johnny Fiama and Sal Minella duo was the best, sucks Brian Henson left.

scooterfan360 and BlakeConor14 like this.
  4. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

I know but he's really busy with the fraggle rock movie scheduled for theaters in 2157

5. LaRanaRene

LaRanaRene Well-Known Member

Johnny Fiama, Sal Minella, Digit, and Hilda. For some reason, I really liked Hilda in the first season. I think they could've done more with her.

6. Tordwashere

Tordwashere Member

Id like to see Annie Sue, Gladys, any of the muppets tonight characters, and I haven't seen bean bunny in a while so I'm gonna add him to.

7. scooterfan360

scooterfan360 Well-Known Member

i want Clifford back too, it sucks that Kevin cash resigned, due to well, you know. the last time i seen Kevin, was on the bet tv show, the game .

MikaelaMuppet and BlakeConor14 like this.
  8. Tordwashere

Tordwashere Member

Resigned from Sesame Workshop, meaning that he could still work with JHC or Disney.

cahuenga likes this.
  9. scooterfan360

scooterfan360 Well-Known Member

oh okay, i just wish that he and Clifford come back.

cahuenga likes this.
  10. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

Actually Kevin has been working for the Jim Henson Company for a while since he recently did Wembley for the Dave Goelz event in Hollywood.

11. jobi71

jobi71 Active Member

As my avatar suggests I am a fan of Zelda Rose and wish that she could pop up somewhere. Someone above mentioned Hilda and I think it was a big loss to lose that character. She would have fit in well for seasons 2-5. I don't see much of a role for her now as Deadly has (quite brilliantly) taken over most of her duties. In general I would like to see the minor/fringe characters get more airtime. They lamp shaded the issue in the Jack White episode of The Muppets, but there used to be Muppet choruses comprised of Rowlf, Zoot, Floyd, Animal, Wanda, Hilda, George the Janitor, Gonzo, Scooter, Miss Piggy, Janice and Brewster (Paul Williams) or Rowlf, Miss Piggy, Gonzo, Blue Frackle, Miss Mousey, Scooter, Baskerville and Nigel (George Burns). It was a mix of main and supporting characters and bit players. Nowadays they really just focus on the top tier (granted the top tier is about 30 characters so I know there are a lot). I would like to see some more randoms thrown in the mix.

12. 1000 Eyes

1000 Eyes Well-Known Member

Since Behemoth has been appearing more often lately (yay!) I'm gonna go with Gorgon Heap. He's a classic Muppet monster, and actually helped introduce me to Behemoth (somewhat). Big V is another favorite of mine - Heap with a long nose! :)

EDIT: 100th post, yay.

13. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

Nigel (the conductor), Beautiful Day Monster, Marvin Suggs, and Gorgon Heap/Big V.

1000 Eyes likes this.
  14. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

I thought the Elvises were pretty funny.

FletchySRF3088 and scooterfan360 like this.
  15. beatnikchick300

beatnikchick300 Well-Known Member

Sorry to reply to an old post, but Sal could always be performed by a new puppeteer (David Rudman sounds like him a little bit).

16. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

The puppets of Johnny and Sal are in unusable conditions, and it seems that only Bill B. would only perform Johnny with Brian H. was doing Sal.

17. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

Mainly Gaffer and Brewster.;)
    (Well, not really missing them that much- lol- but I certainly wouldn't mind seeing them again.)
    A bit more seriously though- George the Janitor! Glad to see Wayne and Wanda have made a bit of a resurgence in recent years- hope that continues. Oh yeah- and Thig and Thog.:)