Old Delphi Board Gone? :(

Gobo_Tron2

Reaction score
I know it's not used anymore, but I always go back to poke around the old threads for nostalgia's sake. I just tried to get on there today and it's gone. Guess I should've done some kind of archive operation when I had the chance :frown:

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Ahh shoot, it is gone. I go there occasionally to check out old articles and posts. Well, no more strolling down MC Memory Lane. I haven't been in a while, but at least it was there.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I thought it was gone a long time ago. :embarrassed: Otherwise I would've looked around myself. Darn...
Erin

Luke

Reaction score
Maybe i'm the only one here who feels quite relieved then .... some good memories of back then but also some i'd rather forget.

Gobo_Tron2

Reaction score
Granted, but I'm not one to burn down the malt shop where I used to go with my girlfriend because of a rough breakup (yes, I stole that from Weird Al). I went to remember the good times, and there were a lot of those.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I didnt know it was still there, I would have liked to go back. I actually signed up to that forum but I dont think I posted.

Gobo_Tron2

Reaction score
Well, momentarily it is. I emailed Delphi about it yesterday and they gave it a little extension on life. With all the trouble we had with the service, I'm impressed at how quickly the response came. Luckily the forum had just been closed (I literally caught it a week after they shut it down) but the database hadn't been deleted.

Here's the response I got to my email.

The forum is open again for a while, but frankly, it will probably be closed again soon. An inactive basic-level forum with no recent posts hosted by an unpaid member will be closed routinely. Post a new message once in a while and it will last a bit longer.The only sure way to keep it open and keep old messages is to upgrade to a Plus membership and make the forum a Premium forum.

I'm going to talk to Phil about this and see what can be done if he doesn't want to deal with it anymore. We have a couple of problems to overcome, first, the board needs to be unlocked so we can post a new thread - even if it's just a nonsense one, so that Delphi sees there is activity there. Second, I want to upgrade the board to Plus. I hope I can reach him soon enough before they shut down the board again.

In the meantime, if there's anything off of there that someone really wants, I'd recommend going over there and copying it to a text file. And if there's anything specific you need, let me know, I have Plus access so I can search messages all the way back to day one.