Old School Jim Henson Fans!!!!!

Robin

Reaction score
i agree with that too... Only, Kermits 50th could have been as easy as a best of MUPPETS... Somthing like that... Getting nothing was what puts my nickers in a twist!

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
But rather than a another compliation show (see "I Love Muppets" "Best Of The Muppets" "A Celebration Of 30 Years") and all the other Muppet Show clips shows, I want to see the stuff in it's entirety. I don't want a 20 second clip of a Muppet Show episode or movie and then a description of it by Steve Whitmire, Bill Barretta or Brian Henson. I want archive interviews with Jim and complete shows or pilots that we haven't seen.

Robin

Reaction score
All I wanted is some sort of fanfare for Kermit's 50th... for such a beloved character (and creator) to get nothing is so sad... thats the most important thing I want to express... Steve's Kermit is nice.... Jims Kermit is and was Kermit... so I watch Old School...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah really, the only place I saw that bothered with the 50th was The Museum of TV and Radio. Their Muppet screenings were so popular last year, they were extended for months.

I agree, I'm not interested in new stuff this point, considering what it has been. If they paid more attention to the vintage stuff, that would be great. I mean, what's Disney supposed to think? The Muppets' new projects have not been well received, so I can see why Disney doesn't pay them much attention. But then they seem to think the old stuff is just too old to be appreciated.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
So what you're saying it the new stuffs not good enough but the old stuffs to old to for them to show. What do you do then?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
No, I don't think the old stuff is too old, but I'm wondering if Disney feels that way (just speculating of course). Hence a possible dilemma on their part.

BEAR

Reaction score
Maybe the delemma is that since the fans have been so brutal to everything they've tried to put out there that Disney is afraid or hesitant to do anything else right now. I dunno...just throwing something out there.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
heralde said:
No, I don't think the old stuff is too old, but I'm wondering if Disney feels that way (just speculating of course). Hence a possible dilemma on their part.
Well, based on speculatin about what disney may or may not think, of corse.

But good point bear!

Robin

Reaction score
Disney should look back at the Old Muppets and Bring that spirit of good will to the new ones and then they wont go wrong with fans... Folllow the patern Jim Henson set in motion!!! Disney has no excuse for treating the muppets like it's Red headed step Child... Or let me put it in Disney language... Snow white and Cinderella both treated like garbage by step parents after they're loving fathers (Jim Henson) have died.... We now need a prince (who ever)
to rescue them... Understand Dizzy Disney!!!!