Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

What would you rather see on the Nostalgia Sesame Street box set?

• Complete, uncut episodes

Votes: 59 46.1%
  • Compilations of the best skits

Votes: 28 21.9%
  • A combination of a few complete episodes and bonus skits

Votes: 41 32.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Lone Wolf said:
DO NOT expect to see anything that has Kermit in it on this
That's kinda what I expected to be honest but people do tend to think they know differently on this forum sometimes! :stick_out_tongue:

zns

Reaction score
I don't think that's going to happen. i have a pretty good feeling that Sesame Workshop will be able to use Kermit on the box set. The reason I say this is because I am trying to keep a positive attitude about the release. I also say this because I think someone said thaat Sesame Workshop got permission from Disney to show Kermit clips before the Disney buyout. I just know that our flippeered friiend will make it.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The Electric Company box set featured a few appearances by the Road Runner and Wile E. Coyotie, who are owned by Warner Bros., which is almost as big a company, if not equally as big, as Disney. Of course, WB might also have different feelings towards licensing it's characters (after all WB did license it's Looney Tunes characters to Filmation for Daffy Duck and Porky Pig meet the Groovy Ghoulies, to Touchtone for Who Framed Roger Rabbit, to whatever company produced Cartoon All-Stars to the Rescue, and to a few other companies... and how often has Disney licensed it's classic cartoon characters to other companies?).

Having said that, the following Sesame Street DVDs that were first released after Disney bought the Muppets did feature appearances by Kermit:
What's the Name of hat Song? (though I think this was completed and a deal was finalized before the sale, as the credits mention Kermit being owned by The Jim Henson Company)
Learning About Letters
Learning About Numbers
The Street We Live On
A Celebration of Me, Grover (technically the only new production on DVD made after the sale featuring featuring Kermit clips)
Big Bird's Story Time
Sing Yourself Silly
Friends to the Rescue (though this appearance was already licensed by Henson, as it was made after Henson sold it's rights to the Sesame Street character, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was easier to get permission to release, as Hensons residuals for guest appearances by Muppets would have probably been swithced to Disney)

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Lone Wolf said:
Guys, I've said this before and I'll say it again...

DO NOT expect to see anything that has Kermit in it on this (Or any future releases, for that matter). The rights for a DVD release are different from those of a broadcast, which means SW would have to pay Disney if they wanted to use anything that had Kermit in it. They probably wouldn't be able to afford it and even if they could, Disney would be unlikely to grant them permission. Case in point, when JHC wanted to release a new edition of Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas -- which has two scenes with Kermit -- Disney refused to allow them to use him for any amount of money, so they had to release it with Kermit's scenes cut out. That's Disney for you. :grouchy:

On a more positive note, like the rest of you I'm really looking forward to this too. October 24th can't get here fast enough.

do you HAVE ANY proof on this? :confused: I HIGHY think Disney will alow Sesame Workshop to alow Kermit in the old Sesame slips/skits. As Sesame Workshop is NOT a BIG thret like HIT! Sesame Workshop is a non-profit organization and plus Disney allowed Sesame Workshop to join them (Disney) at the NYC auditions and have gave SW rights to use the word "Muppet" annnnd... Sesame alowed Disney to keep the Big Bird and Oscar cameo's in the Muppet Movie & Great Muppet Caper! :smirk:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
a_Mickey_Muppet said:
Sesame alowed Disney to keep the Big Bird and Oscar cameo's in the Muppet Movie & Great Muppet Caper! :smirk:
And also Ernie and Bert's cameo in the Connie Stevens episode of The Muppet Show.

Convincing John

Reaction score
Don't forget Bert's cameo from the Sex and Violence pilot.

:frown: "You know, you really look familiar..."

Ernie-like girl: "Kee hee hee hee hee!"

Convincing John

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Convincing John said:
Don't forget Bert's cameo from the Sex and Violence pilot.

:frown: "You know, you really look familiar..."

Ernie-like girl: "Kee hee hee hee hee!"

Convincing John

yep! :smile:

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
None of us know for sure whether Kermit will appear but I have heard that the complete first episode of SS is included on the DVD set and surely Kermit appeared in that originally? Let's just all keep our fingers (or flippers) crossed!

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Mistersuperstar said:
None of us know for sure whether Kermit will appear but I have heard that the complete first episode of SS is included on the DVD set and surely Kermit appeared in that originally? Let's just all keep our fingers (or flippers) crossed!

**crossed, but STILL thinks Disney will alow kermie on the dvd**

Status
Not open for further replies.