Old shows

Tool

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a 43-year-old guy from the UK. Just joined, not sure if I'm too old to be here.
I first saw Sesame Street in 1973 when I lived in London and I've loved it ever since.
This may have been asked somewhere else, but please bear with me...is there anywhere I can get hold of videos or dvd's of the older programmes, 70's, 80's, etc?
I love characters like Guy Smiley and the Two-Headed Monster, that don't feature now, and I'd love to get them on film. If I've asked this in the wrong place, I apologise.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Well, I'm 24 and I post here, so I guess you're okay. Lol. Anyway, the Two Headed Monster is still seen on the show in the Journey to Ernie segments, but I think Guy Smiley was pretty much retired after Henson's death. In answer to your question, you could check out the Sesame Street Lyrics Archive, sometimes at the bottom of a page they advertise Sesame Street albums. You might find videos there as well. Or you could check out amazon.com. Just a few suggestions.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I just turned 35,and have been watching SS since around 3 years of age,plus seen almost every muppet: show,film,special,etc... Glad your here at MC Tool.Enjoy your stay mate.Welcome.:excited:

Fuzzy and Blue

Reaction score
for some reason, I remember watching SS after Jim Henson's death (I was only a year old when he passed away) and still seeing Guy Smiley on the show. could it have been that they showed repeats of sketches starring him?
~Dana~