Old Stick Puppet Gonzo

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Notice the characters in the picture and which performer is most popular?

Oz, Henson, Oz, Henson, Oz, Hunt, Goelz.

Wonder why there wasn't a Nelson in that bunch?

pezbalubah

Reaction score
I don't think the people that made those even knew who performed who, they just picked the most popular characters. It's kind of weird how Animal became seperated from the The Electric Mayhem, it's just because they didn't want to produce merchandise for all the other band members, because they probably wouldn't sell as well. Muppets From Space was the most awkward, having Animal by himself with the rest of the gang as a main character. The gang that went to save Gonzo was too small, they should have brought everybody along like in Great Muppet Caper.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I thought the bunch of 'save Gonzo' was kind of odd, too. I dunno if I would have chosen Animal over Sweetums just because Sweetums is a little less wild...to an extent.

I'm just glad Fozzie will be back in the limelight again and sound more like himself with better lines (I HOPE).

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by pezbalubah
I don't think the people that made those even knew who performed who, they just picked the most popular characters. It's kind of weird how Animal became seperated from the The Electric Mayhem, it's just because they didn't want to produce merchandise for all the other band members
Because for the longest time Animal had become the permanent '5th' man in the main nucleus of the Muppets. Heck Animal became 'Main 3' in even some merchandise.
Thankfully, finally their is a new '5th man' in the main core...
one seck-say king prawn named Pepe:wink:

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
Well, in MFS, they just took along who was available at the time, story-wise...everyone else was out doing there own thing...

WiGgY

Reaction score
Originally posted by Stryder Wolfe
Well, in MFS, they just took along who was available at the time, story-wise...everyone else was out doing there own thing...
Well yeah but they could have written the story differently. I think it would have been cool to see the whole muppet gang too. Animal is cool but he's still just a drumer. I think Muppet Babies made him more popular. There was no baby electic mayhem, but animal was always there.

Thog

Reaction score
Originally posted by Super Scooter
I used to have four of them. My cousin gave them to me. But, that was long before I had any idea what they were worth. Whatever you do, do not put them in the bathtub!
Mine met the fate of the lawn mower. I was so sad finding chopped up bits of frog, bear, pig, dog, and a whatever all over the lawn. :frown:

Lunatic Daring

Reaction score
while we are on the "stick puppet" subject....was there a Waldorf and Statler? I have them all or so I think, but somehow I have this nagging suspicion that they exist...anyone?

Gonzo

Reaction score
Hey Lunatic,

Statler and Waldorf didn't exist in the Fisher Price Stick Puppet line....the only characters were:

Kermit
Miss Piggy
Gonzo
Fozzie
Animal
Rowlf
Scooter

But not necessarily in that order.

There was a PVC line about the same time that included Statler and Waldorf, Sam Eagle, Swedish Chef, Zoot, and some other obscure characters...you may be thinking of them. They're smaller, have no joints, are more rubbery, and are a little bit uglier.

Quinnnnnnnnn

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Lunatic Daring
while we are on the "stick puppet" subject....was there a Waldorf and Statler? I have them all or so I think, but somehow I have this nagging suspicion that they exist...anyone?
You know, growing up I was convinced there had been others Muppets made in this wonderful series, as well as Fraggle action figures. I would soon learn in 1998 when I first joined MC such was not the case. However some very cool pvcs of Statler and Waldorf were made(and no, Im not talking about those scleich ones..but these two that came with a base, for a cake topper) Another company called Comics Spain also produced some really cool non Main 5 pvcs.

Yet I am very curious as to the existence of prototypes for unreleased 1978 Fisher Price Muppet Show figures.

Yes, the Palisades line rocks, but before there was Palisades there was the Fisher Price action figures. There have been three series in this scale of action figure:

The 1978 Fisher Price series(Kermit, Gonzo, Fozzie, Animal, Scooter, Rowlf, and Piggy)

The 1985 Tera Toys(the exact same line/scale basically as the abover series: Big Bird, Cookie Monster, Bert, Ernie, Grover, and Oscar The Grouch)

There was also a Yip Yip Sesame martian action figure/moon playset thing produced by Fisher Price(Tyco) in 1998.

Finally, in 1999 Fisher Price went back to the same scale/style of the 1978 Muppet Show figures for a line of Bear in the Big Blue House figures(Though only Bear is articulated: Bear, Ojo, Tutter, Pip, Pop, Treelo, and Luna) Sadly they never expanded on this series. However, it looks like Palisades has some figures coming out in the same scale as all these(like the Robot Rabbit, ya got Camilla, Rizzo, Pepe, MAMMA, Lobster Banditos, etc)

Maybe its just from the times I grew up in, but I loves my 3.45-4" figure scales^_^
(Im glad Star Wars has always pretty mcuh kept the same scale going)