One of those running gags...

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Hey everyone it's me.
I had a question on The Muppet Movie.
There's a running gag that I seemed to have missed out on. When Dom DeLuise comes into the movie he says he's lost, then Kermit asks him if tried something that sounded like Harry Krisher.
I do't know if that's what it was. Does anyone know what this gag is? Becuase this popped up all over the movie and I knew there was something I didn't get.
Thanks,

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Hey everyone it's me.
There's a running gag that I seemed to have missed out on. When Dom DeLuise comes into the movie he says he's lost, then Kermit asks him if tried something that sounded like Harry Krisher.
Yeah he's saying Hare Krishna, it was a religious movement big in the '70s built on Hindu principles. There were a lot groups popping up then as alternatives to mainstream religion. So the joke in the film is basically if you're lost (as in spiritual confused) maybe you should try Hare Krishna!

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Yeah he's saying Hare Krishna, it was a religious movement big in the '70s built on Hindu principles. There were a lot groups popping up then as alternatives to mainstream religion. So the joke in the film is basically if you're lost (as in spiritual confused, maybe you should try Hare Krishna!
Did it also pop on on the chuch's sign outside? I can't remeber, I guess I should watch it again tonight!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Hey everyone it's me.
I do't know if that's what it was
Have you seen the movie comedy Airplane? Two Hare Krishna followers are on the plane (because the joke used to be they always hung out at the airport giving you flowers). They're the guys with the robes and shaved heads.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Have you seen the movie comedy Airplane? Two Hare Krishna followers are on the plane (because the joke used to be they always hung out at the airport giving you flowers). They're the guys with the robes and shaved heads.
Never heard of it. But I do love the running gags in TMM.
Like the "Myth, Myth, "Yes" thing. And the "drinks on the house"or the "fork in the road" thing. It's just really classic.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Never heard of it. But I do love the running gags in TMM.
Like the "Myth, Myth, "Yes" thing. And the "drinks on the house"or the "fork in the road" thing. It's just really classic.
You should see that too, it's hilarious, lol. But yeah I love The Muppet Movie's use of word puns, they're not an easy form of comedy to do. :embarrassed: :smile: