Orange plays havoc with the Muppets in new ‘Gold Spot’ cinema advertising campaign

Drtooth

Reaction score
Fortunately, Muppet Musings posted it earlier:

http://youtu.be/EFyPna57QZo
Thank Frogness they did! That's amazing. I'll say it again, YT has been a boon to Muppet fans. Those of us this side of the pond would never have seen it otherwise. I like it better than the AMC one.

And they managed to mention the Sandra Bullock episode's Phenomenon gag too!

jimmyshoo

Reaction score
Thank Frogness they did! That's amazing. I'll say it again, YT has been a boon to Muppet fans. Those of us this side of the pond would never have seen it otherwise. I like it better than the AMC one.

And they managed to mention the Sandra Bullock episode's Phenomenon gag too!
THIS AD IS AMAZING. SEND THE LINK TO FRIENDS! LOVE IT XXXX

Beauregard

Reaction score
Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant, just Brilliant.

Did anyone else see Jim Henson's banner outside the theatre? Also I cannot believe that A. there are so many Muppets here and B. even Wanda is in this thing!

Hi Beauregard in the background!

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
The snowths sound a bit different in this commercial, of course, that is just me being picky. Does anyone agree with me?

Also, EVEN MARVIN SUGGS IS IN THIS!!!! Seeing him in the background made my day!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I like that they've been getting a lot of use out of the newly-rebuilt characters, including here and the OK Go video, but it seems they use the same characters that hadn't been used for years. I find it odd they haven't been using Thog or the Mutations for these (Sweetums appeared in both). I know I should be happy we're seeing so many characters in these that he haven't seen in years, and I know that the movie will have more. Too bad they didn't at least put Lips with the band. It would have also been cool if they'd put in some more Muppets Tonight characters (Johnny Fiama, Sal, Seymour, Clifford... They probably would have been silent and in the background, so they wouldn't even need the original performers).

One thing I really like is that it resembles the first season theme. That is cool.

I find it interesting that Walter hasn't appeared in this or the OK Go video. But somehow I feel it wouldn't be right to include him in anything before the movie comes out, excluding promotion for the film (so this sort of is, but it very well could have been a regular commercial or viral video).