Original Characters

Yahnke

Reaction score
hey, great idea larry,
except i don't have a server or any server space to post a picture on...i saw some link once to a "photo trail" or something like that where people can post pics for free. does anyone know what i am talking about. if you do please let me know so i can post some pics of my work for you to see.
thanks

trooper_trent

Reaction score
Thats awesome!. I love the shades.
Well here's my first attempt. Ive been doing this for a while but have never built one. So...
Here is the first ever Mange E. Mutt! (he was born two days ago LOL)
Mang E. Mutt

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
This is such a great idea! :cool:

I don't think I have any pics of my first puppet, but you can click here to see a photo of Bluie, one of the first puppets I made in the early 90s.

If anyone is looking for space to post their photos, I'd suggest Yahoo Photos @ photos.yahoo.com

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
What a cool idea! Peter is quick becoming the king of creativity nowadays!

Say, I don't have any pictures online yet of the original Muley puppet, but I will soon--as well as the earliest Muley drawings. I'll post here when I do that.

I really REALLY enjoy seeing everyone's puppets. Scary Larry really was Scary back in the beginning. How many incarnations has he been through so far? Muley is currently in version 3.0 and 3.0.5 LOL!

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
Scary Larry is currently at stage 3.0, but *rumor has it* that I'm making a "stunt double" for him which is turning out better than the original... so 3.0 might become 4.0's stunt double.

Unfortunately, I don't have any early drawings of Larry. He was created spontaniously by a 6th grade me. Can't wait to see muley in all his original glory!

Morice

Reaction score
Keeping your puppets Original

Does anyone besides me worry about subconsciencly copying someone elses idea? I am planning my first puppet and I hope that it doesnt take anyone elses idea. I want him to be original, since he will be fairly complex, and I will have to put alot of time and materials into building it. Im an artist so originality is always something I think about when creating a piece. I probably shouldnt be so paranoid.

I have alot of ideas for this guy. It will be my first puppet, but I have the added bonus of having a family background in puppet making. My uncle is a puppet making, and makes some really impressive pieces. All sorts of cool effects. I tend to like the softer look of fur covered puppets, and prefer animal puppets to people. Anywho, here is his web address.

Selberg Studios

My dad did mechanics for him for a while so I am hoping that he can help me do some for my puppets. :smile:

Well thats all for now.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
That's your Uncle? I know his work, it's great. I've never actually got to try one his Vent dummies but they have a great, distinctive look to them.

Jivepuppet

Reaction score
Morice said:
Does anyone besides me worry about subconsciencly copying someone elses idea?
:smile:
Yes I have worried, and acctually done it... I made a Kermit. I suppose it was ineveitable that it would happen. I'm surrounded be Kermit stuff in my home and studio, and even hava a Kermit tattoo, so when it happened I realized it was funny, and happens to artists of all kinds.

Also, everyones puppets posted look great, and i hope to see more of everyones work!
Jon