Original Fanfiction Characters

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
I wasn't sure where to put this, but I figures this would be the best place. I, like many people here, write Muppet fanfiction, and I plan to post one of my best here when I finish editing it. But my fanfiction includes a few characters I created, and I wanted to tell you guys about them, both to see what you think and also to let you know who they are so you don't go "huh?" when I post my fanfiction.

Okay, here we go:

Ramona Simmons
Bio: 19-year-old friend of the Muppets. She attends community college not far from the Muppet boarding house. Ramona is a kind, sensible young woman who prefers talking things out over physical confrontation. She is also smart and loves to have a good time.
Apperance: Ramona has long brown hair, hazel eyes, and is about 5'6". She usually wears, long, hippie-like skirts.
Relationship with the Muppets: Ramona gets along with all of the Muppets most of the time. She is very motherly to Robin, who loves her very much. Pepe has a crush on her, but she mainly ignores him.
Ashley Carter:
Bio:Ramona's best friend; also a 19-year-old community college student. Ashley is her friend's virtual opposite; she is brash, impulsive, and tomboyish. She loves to party and listen to rock music.
Appearance: Ashley is very small, about 4 feet tall. She is African American, has dark brown hair, brown eyes, and wears glasses. Ashley is also a bit chubby. She tends to wear boyish clothes, such as skull caps and football jerseys.
Relationship with the Muppets: Ashley gets along with most of the Muppets. The Electric Mayhem are considered her best friends among them. She generally doesn't get along with Sam Eagle, whom she loves teasing, and Pepe, who dislikes her boyish behavior.

So, what do think? My first fanfiction featuring the girls should be up soon!

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Oh WOW!
I can envision them already.
I like the Ramona character mucho.
I had a thread very much like this one.

:3

Ruahnna

Reaction score
It's always nice to see writer sharing their work. I'm glad you're going to jump in here with the rest of the fanfiction authors.

Since you asked, however, I'm going to "play professor" and answer your question that way.

New characters in fanfiction--no matter how interesting--really need to spring from their relationship to the fan-fiction universe. In other words, we don't really care about the cute new science officer on the Enterprise before we see her interact in a meaningful way with the characters that we already know. So, as interesting as your descriptions of your characters are, what you really need to do is SHOW us, not TELL us.

My favoriate writing professor said, "There is a big difference between standing on a box and looking in the window of a house and watching a story unfold, and in having SOMEONE ELSE stand on a box and look in a window and watch a story while they TELL you about it." So, write your story--and tell us all about your characters--but do it by putting US on the box instead of standing there yourself.
This was the most important piece of writing advice I EVER got. I hope it helps you as much as it helped me!

Hugs--I look forward to seeing what you will do!

Ru

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Very well expressed Ruhanna!
I look foward to reading your fic!
I love new characters!

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice Ruhanna. See, I want to post my writing, but it still needs a bit of tuning up. As soon as my revisions are finished, I'll have some stuff up (I'll probably post the story in which the girls and the Muppets first meet to establish certain basic stuff, followed by the vacation/crime story-my personal favorite).