Original Movie Posters for DVD Covers

Hat Sharpener

Reaction score
So, I was thinking about the rather unpleasant covers on my 3 "classic" Muppet movie DVD's, and it occurred to me that I could replace them by simply printing out images of the original posters and slipping them under the plastic sheet...

That leaves one problem - finding hi-res scans of the original posters.

I remember back in the early days of the Muppet internet when folks never posted photographs of muppets to avoid infringing on Henson copyrights. However, such dark ages have past and we now have glorious full-color sites like Muppet Central with those beautiful flash banners and everything...

My point is, there must be someone out there with hi-res scans of the original 3 movies! Anyone out there care to share?

- Derek

Hat Sharpener

Reaction score
kustomboy said:
Try www.dvdcoverart.com. I think that's the site where you can download "alternate" artwork.
Wow, that is great! The MTM one is somewhat over compressed, and there's none for GMC, but it is still an interesting resource - I got some replacements for my Back to the Future and Star Wars prequels covers too...

Thanks!

- Derek

bjr78

Reaction score
muppet movie dvd cover

Hi, if your interested i created a new cover for the Muppet Movie DVD using the original poster. I too was sick of looking at the terrible original cover. I will post it up so you can view it. And if you need a higher resolution you can email me.

Here's the website:

http://www.weyburn.net/entertainment/muppet/index.html

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice work bjr78. Just sent you an e-mail.

Ernie101

Reaction score
That's a neat and good idea. I may have to try that as well.. I didn't think of it until now though.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Could you redo those sites again. There all down and I didn't ever get to see them. Please?

kuzeh

Reaction score
Seems like Big Borther
is always watching....
It's incredible how now we can't even make
nice prints for our personal collection...