Oscar on Craig Ferguson

Davina

Reaction score
Haven't seen this posted anywhere yet, so figured I'd mention it... Was up late last night flipping stations and caught Oscar the Grouch on the Late, Late show with Craig Ferguson. Missed the first part of his bit there, but the last part they were discussing how Graig wants to become a US citizen and Oscar says he is the self elected mayor of SS and gives Craig a certificate to show honarary citizenship on SS... was a pretty cool looking certificate too.
Then Oscar left and Craig talked to Alan Alda (who inadvertantly said something that was taken wrong.. so very, very wrong... about having met Carol when he was performing as BB)

hopefully someone else saw this as well and i wasn't just dreaming the whole thing :smile:

Skye

Reaction score
Oh hey, I saw this! I was wondering if anyone else had.

I saw it from the beginning, and was so surprised when Craig announced that Oscar was there. It was really fun to see him. He had some very good jokes in there. And what an adorable idea to make Craig an honorary citizen of Sesame Street! I loved that.

First Miss Piggy, and now Oscar... Craig must like having our Muppets on his show! :smile:

Davina

Reaction score
all i know is I want to be an honorary citizen of SS so I can have one of those certificates, too.. hehehe

rtgentry

Reaction score
I know that kermit has been on and I think maybe even pepe right?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen this posted anywhere yet, so figured I'd mention it... Was up late last night flipping stations and caught Oscar the Grouch on the Late, Late show with Craig Ferguson. Missed the first part of his bit there, but the last part they were discussing how Graig wants to become a US citizen and Oscar says he is the self elected mayor of SS and gives Craig a certificate to show honarary citizenship on SS... was a pretty cool looking certificate too.
Then Oscar left and Craig talked to Alan Alda (who inadvertantly said something that was taken wrong.. so very, very wrong... about having met Carol when he was performing as BB)

hopefully someone else saw this as well and i wasn't just dreaming the whole thing :smile:
Sounds interesting. Was the Grouch grouchy? Sometimes he seems to have mellowed a bit with age. He he. :grouchy:

Did Alan Alda say something mean-spirited or offensive. Rather big bomb dropped there without much explaination. I enjoy Spinney and Alda as performers. Guess I found that statement potentially troubling. Was the altercation something really harmless? Really hoping so. :eek:

Skye

Reaction score
Sounds interesting. Was the Grouch grouchy? Sometimes he seems to have mellowed a bit with age. He he. :grouchy:
Hehe, he kind of was. Not terribly grouchy, but playfully grouchy (a part I remember the most was when Oscar said that the reason he likes watching Craig's show is because he likes trash, lol). I thought it was really a cute appearance (and I'm sure Oscar would just love me saying that, lol)! :wink:

I didn't see the Alan Alda interview, but I was actually curious about that, too. I imagine it wouldn't be anything too negative...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I didn't see the Alan Alda interview, but I was actually curious about that, too. I imagine it wouldn't be anything too negative...
On the other hand. according to the title of Alda's book, he did have his dog stuffed! :concern: He he. Never can tell about a guy who'll stuff his dead dog. :sympathy: I'm expecting Alda simply said something a little dark and off-color that may not have gone a well as intended.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
I'm expecting Alda simply said something a little dark and off-color that may not have gone a well as intended.
He said he and Big Bird "did a routine on stage." Craig gave him one of those looks, and it escalated into nonsensical comebacks.

Also, that certificate :grouchy: gave to Craig was an original piece of Spinney art. I can tell.

Davina

Reaction score
Craig asked Alan if he'd ever met Oscar..
Alan replied that he's met him when he was doing Big Bird (refering to Carol, of course...) it wasn't intended as anything rude.. but being a late night program, Craig gave him a look and the audience (or laugh track..) went off and then they kinda did a little rude-ish bantering to play off of it...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Thought it was probably something like that. :wink: Spinney art! Lucky Craig.

I also encourage anyone who hasn't read Spinney's Wisdom of Big Bird book to do so. I found it quite inspirational.