1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Oscar on Jimmy Kimmel Live Oscar Night

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by mbmfrog, Feb 27, 2012.

1. mbmfrog Active Member

If anyone tuned into Jimmy Kimmel following the Oscars last night then you may have been able to catch our "Osacar" in surprising but ironic way...:grouchy:
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  2. DannyRWW Well-Known Member

Saw it on the video...funny stuff.
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  3. JerRocks2day New Member

I saw the clip on youtube. While the joke's concept was cute and all, what appeared in the clip didn't seem to 100% click. I say that because there was something about Oscar's character that didn't seem to work-- it's like he wasn't his typical grouchy self when he said 'Snuffy, is that you?'

What I think what would make it stronger if it went along the lines of this:

Kimmel: 'Finally! I'm about to get my own oscar.'

[opens the bag, just as Oscar the Grouch pops up]

Oscar: 'You got one alright. Hope you don't mind it, grouch-style. he he he.'

You know what I mean?
  4. mbmfrog Active Member

I think the reason for this was that it was a last mintue thing and that Carrol was tuning in Big Bird's character and not Oscar for the sketch. :grouchy:
  5. JerRocks2day New Member

Yeah. That's what concerns me-- I hope Mr. Spinney's not losing his magic touch. :(
  6. Oscarfan Well-Known Member

It's definitely something the writers gave him; nothing to do with Carroll