Oscar on the news

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Hey did any of you in LA catch Oscar the Grouch's appearance on the morning news? (do any of you live in LA?) I was visiting my grandparents this week, and just happened to be watching the morning show when Oscar made a guest appearance. If you saw it, what did you think?

BEAR

Reaction score
I am in the Los Angeles area, but unfortunately missed it. Was it good?

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Yeah, it was pretty good. The news anchors are the kind of people that like to make really dumb jokes and then laugh at them, so they made alot of jokes about trash, and confused themselves about Oscar being happy when he's miserable, but all in all it was pretty good. They were trying to promote the new "Old School SS" dvd, so they showed some clips of him way back in the day. I never knew he was orange!

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Beakerfan said:
Yeah, it was pretty good. The news anchors are the kind of people that like to make really dumb jokes and then laugh at them, so they made alot of jokes about trash, and confused themselves about Oscar being happy when he's miserable, but all in all it was pretty good. They were trying to promote the new "Old School SS" dvd, so they showed some clips of him way back in the day. I never knew he was orange!
wow man I'm in LA also and I seem to miss everything perhaps it will end up on youtube! thats great they talked about him being orange back in the day did oscar say anything about that?

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Yeah, he said that one day he got to go to this really fine spa where - I'm probably totally botching this - he soaked in a swamp or had a moss wrap or something to that degree, and he hasn't taken a bath since.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah, Caroll Spinney said it was something like that in his book.