Oscar with Ernie and Bert

LincolnHeights

Reaction score
I always wished that Oscar would have been seen with Ernie and Bert more. The only time I ever saw the 3 of them together, was in the sketch when Ernie makes the Banna Ice Cube and Gravy on a plate and tries to convince Bert that it's Ice cream, and Oscar pops up and claims it's his favorite dessert, and eats it up. I always figured with Ernie being messy, and Bert being uptight and grumpy, Oscar could have served as somewhat of a mediator to Ernie and Bert during their disputes. But I guess the writers wanted to keep Oscar involved in the action that was going on out in the street around his trashcan, as often as possible.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
It might have been because they did not film the street scenes and puppet sketches in the same time or even in the same building And that Jim needed Caroll on the street most of the time.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Heh, yeah that's interesting, I can't really picture them together. Probably because it was rarely done. But it is interesting to speculate about these things. :smile:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
LincolnHeights said:
I always wished that Oscar would have been seen with Ernie and Bert more. The only time I ever saw the 3 of them together, was in the sketch when Ernie makes the Banna Ice Cube and Gravy on a plate and tries to convince Bert that it's Ice cream, and Oscar pops up and claims it's his favorite dessert, and eats it up. I always figured with Ernie being messy, and Bert being uptight and grumpy, Oscar could have served as somewhat of a mediator to Ernie and Bert during their disputes. But I guess the writers wanted to keep Oscar involved in the action that was going on out in the street around his trashcan, as often as possible.

What's so important that you wanted to see Osvar with E&B so much?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I mean it's hard to put another character with B&E. They work so well together. When you have a successful duo, almost anyone else just becomes a third wheel.

:frown: :stick_out_tongue: :grouchy: ???? Hehe

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Hmm, I could easily picture some crazy parody sitcom of the long suffering grouchy realist Oscar having to live with silly, irresponsible Ernie and boring yet obsessive Bert. Next to them Oscar might end up looking normal. Possibilities...lol