1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Oscar's understudy performer?

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by SSLFan, Nov 11, 2012.

1. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

I was just wondering, we know Matt is the understudy for the Bird, but does anyone if Oscar has an understudy performer?

Also, in general, does anyone know if other characters have understudies, and if so - who?
  2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Presently, Jim Martin performs the puppetry for Oscar (specifically, if Big Bird and Oscar are in a scene together), but Caroll dubs the voice; however, it's my understanding that Johnny T. voiced Oscar for that 4D thing.
  3. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Johhny T. didn't do his voice; I've seen it and it's Caroll. I'm pretty sure he did Big Bird too, but I think Matt did his voice during a song.
  4. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

Actually, Matt performed Big Bird throughout the whole show, at least in the original filmed version; when the attraction finally made it to the US 6 years later, Caroll re-dubbed all of Matt's dialogue (except for the opening song). I know this because I saw a preview clip of the main show intro (the one with Big Bird looking out at the audience from the Sesame Street logo) online years ago, and it was indeed Matt. With that said, it'd make sense that John T. was doing Oscar.