Ostrich Feather Question

Whispers

Reaction score
I'm considering buying Ostrich Feathers to use for a few puppets I plan to build soon, however I have questions and hopefully you guys can provide me with answers!
Is it better to use the Boas? Or are the Fringes best?
Also where else besides Tonyhill.net is it possible to find Ostrich feathers for good prices?
Thanks in advance everyone!

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
never heRd of the company , why not secrh out Feather distrubiting companies, and suppliers i think you will find alot more that way, thier are lots of places to buy feathers online,

as for which is better it all depends on what you are trying to do

Toasty

Reaction score
Tonyhill.net is an excellent source for feathers. I have ordered the Maribou fringe feathers from them a few times and everything arrived just as it was pictured on their website.

I preferred the fringe for the puppet hair I was working on at the time because I wanted to glue small sections at a time, and have control over which direction the feathers would stick out (almost like doing hair plugs). The boas I've seen have more feathers grouped and tied together, so that makes it better for large cover applications or maybe if you do not want to spend as much time.

wes

Reaction score
I'm considering buying Ostrich Feathers to use for a few puppets I plan to build soon, however I have questions and hopefully you guys can provide me with answers!
Is it better to use the Boas? Or are the Fringes best?
Also where else besides Tonyhill.net is it possible to find Ostrich feathers for good prices?
Thanks in advance everyone!
Boas and fringe are two different looks, I personally like the look of the fringe better. Here's some pictures

White Fringe
Lloyd
Purple Fringe
Petey
Red and Purple Boa
Dawnie Bird
And really I think that the fringe has a more hair like quailty to it that the Boa. Hope this helps

Whispers

Reaction score
@Toasty Oh that's a good point and definitely helpfull, thanks!

@Wes Ah the pictures help a load, thanks wes!

wes

Reaction score
@Toasty Oh that's a good point and definitely helpfull, thanks!

@Wes Ah the pictures help a load, thanks wes!
No prob, BoB!

and when i order from Tonyhill.net I got them like with in three days. and I live on the east coast.