Other Henson productions that Leo & Grump could've appeared in

P

Philip Kippel

Here's some other Henson productions that Leo & Grump from the "Muppet Meeting Films" could've appeared in:

The Muppet Show:
-Ethel Merman: Grump could've appeared in the audience during Fozzie's monologue, in addition to Leo
-Steve Martin: in the audience at the beginning of the show
-Lesley Ann Warren: in "Last Dance"
-Danny Kaye: in "Jogging" and "Inchworm"
-Spike Milligan: in "Dog Walk"
-Lynn Redgrave: as townspeople
-Shields & Yarnell: Grump could've appeared among the spectators, in addition to Leo
-Linda Lavin: in "Beyond the Blue Horizon"
-Dudley Moore: in "At the Disco Dance"
-Kenny Rogers: in "Love Lifted Me"
-Anne Murray: in "Everything Old is New Again"
-Shirley Bassey: in "Fire Down Below" and "Pennies from Heaven"
-James Coburn: as gangsters in the Roaring 20's sketch
-Carol Burnett: at the dance marathon
-Wally Boag: as audience members

They also could've appeared in other audience shots, in "At the Dance" or as patients in "Veterinarian's Hospital".

The Muppet Movie: in the finale
The Muppets Take Manhattan: at the wedding
The Muppets: A Celebration of 30 Years
The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson: Leo could've appeared with the other accountants, in addition to Grump
The Muppet Christmas Carol: as townspeople
Muppet Treasure Island: as patrons at the Benbow Inn
Muppets Tonight: either backstage or in the audience
It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie: in the city scenes at the beginning of the film

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I think it's a bit weird that Leo and grump didn't appear in The Muppets: A Celebraton of Thirty Years, especially sicne it was an anniversary special. Even if the general public doens't know who they are, they still should have been there (I'm sure that the general public watching the special wouldn't know who more than half of the characters in the special are). I read at the Muppet Wiki that the David Lazer Muppet is the only regular character from the Muppet Meeting Films who was there.

Actually, there are quite a few characters who should have been there. It's been a long time since I have seen this special, but from looking at the Muppet Wiki (and trusting that nobody that was in the special got left out), it seems like the special didn't have any Sesame Street characters who were no longer being used in new skits at the time. Since it was an anniversary special, it would have been fitting to have brought back Herbert Birdsfoot, Roosevelt Franklin, Proffessor Hastings, Harvey Kneeslapper, Sam the Robot, and Lefty the Salesman (though I'm not sure whetehr he was still being used in new skits at the time or not, but his old skits were still being shown regularly at the time). Heck, it seems like there were a lot of characters still in use who weren't there, like Fat Blue (Grover made a brief appearance as a waiter at the end, so it would have been appropiate for him to be there), Don Music, Chris and the Alphabeats, Little Jerry and the Monotones, Dr. Nobel Price, and Simon Soundman.