Other songs that I've heard recordings of but never seen...

sesameguy

Reaction score
magusdude said:
Here are a few more:
"Me got to be blue" was shown at one time. It featured Cookie singing the song in a nature setting and cameo appearances by several blue monsters, including Herry & Grover.

"The Opposite Song" featured Chris singing to an anything-muppet girl with long brown hair & long arms. She danced around him as he tried to get closer to her, but she kept "doing the opposite" of what he did, as in the song.

High, Middle & Low was shown, but with three anything muppets singing rather than the Herbert, Bert & Ernie. Does anyone know if this was in an Unpaved episode?

=================================================

http://heroshaven.blogspot.com

SesameMike

Reaction score
* Believe In Yourself -- I recall a street scene from 1976 or so in which two adults (probably Maria and Luis) sing this song to Oscar. What happens is, best as I can remember, Oscar is mulling over what to become when he grows up. "Pickle taster" was one such occupational choice. The adults happen by and suggest "Good guy" as an option. Music then comes on and they sing "Believe in Yourself". Oscar is less then happy about it, spouting frustrated sighs and a "I didn't ask you to sing" throughout the song. At the end Oscar decides what he wants to be: a "Yucky Warner". He will go around warning others about people who bother you by singing dumb songs.

* The People in your Neighborhood -- I distinctly remember a TV version of this one in which one of the people was a mailman. "Through rain and snow and sleet and hail" was the second line. Not sure if the other one featured was a firefighter, though.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Sure that wasn't Gordon with Maria?

Well maybe I'm remembering wrong.

Didn't recall how the whole seen went exactly but looking bad it seemed strange to have the 2 sing that to Oscar comepared to if they sang it to someone else.

SesameMike

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
Sure that wasn't Gordon with Maria?
Could have been. Maria I am certain of; her male co-vocalist I'm not. They did a good duet, with some lines done by her and some by him, and some by both, such as the "and the world belongs to you and me" finish. Even if Oscar didn't think it was such a good number.

ssetta

Reaction score
I can think of some:

"Grouch Girls Don't Want to Have Fun" with Oscar and Grungetta
"Handful of Crumbs" with Cookie Monster
"Love in the Junkyard" with Oscar (This song was remade in Season 29 with Oscar singing it to Grungetta, but there was an original version from 1981 which I have never seen.)
"I Go To School" with Chrissy and the Alphabeats
"Transylvania Polka" with The Count

There are several others, but those are the ones I can currently think of.

magusdude

Reaction score
ssetta said:
I can think of some:

"Grouch Girls Don't Want to Have Fun" with Oscar and Grungetta
"Handful of Crumbs" with Cookie Monster
"Love in the Junkyard" with Oscar (This song was remade in Season 29 with Oscar singing it to Grungetta, but there was an original version from 1981 which I have never seen.)
"I Go To School" with Chrissy and the Alphabeats
"Transylvania Polka" with The Count

There are several others, but those are the ones I can currently think of.
I was actually going to post Handful and School in my next batch lol!