Out With the Old, In With the New! The New Year's Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
At the moment, I have to say that I was really shocked to see somebody on Facebook (who some of you probably also know, and saw) recapping 2018 as one of the best years in his life . . . he's literally the only person I've seen say anything positive about 2018 . . . the only person.

MWoO

Reaction score
2018 was not great for me. Lost a high paying job, was put of work since July, and the job i now have is only part time at min wage. However, not working was a blessing in disguise in some ways. I got to rediscover myself. Work was all I did, but when now I have had time to cook elaborate meals and have friends over. I was able to spend Thanksgiving and Christmas with my family which i havent done in years. I completed 3 sculpting projects, 1 long over due, 1 in only 2 weeks time, and 1 that i gave away as presents this year (non-muppet related). Its like i was reintroduced to who i was and it wouldn't have happened if I hadnt lost my job. I do miss the money though....

So yeah, crappy year, but also a pretty good year. I plan to continue focusing on personal happiness over money in 2019. Personal health, maybe try dating again, learn how to truly balance work and life. Realize that my job is my job, not my life. A job is a means of obtaining money to enjoy ones life.

Also in 2019... Palisades style Sal Manila action figure will be started and completed... this I swear.

Any Del

Reaction score
There were some effed up and great moments during 2018 but I can say 2018 was topsy turvey.

BRING ON 2019!

Can't wait for Dragon Ball Super Broly, Dubbed version of Naruto Shippuden and Sesame Street's 50th Anniversary! As well as more classic Sesame Street episodes to surface... :stick_out_tongue:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
All I want to say is....... screw this year. Screw this year to ****. I was hoping it would be better than 2016 and 17...... but it felt worse. Much worse.

I’m pretty much taking 2019 with a grain of salt at this point.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
2018 had some real bad moments but as a whole I look on it rather fondly. The good outweighs the bad. I made a ton of new friends, my music listening shot up, I found my favorite album, and I actually had a good time in Germany. I enjoyed it for the most part, my panic attack / depression episode being the odd man out. I hope 2019 goes well.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So here are my personal highlights of this year:

Joining the MC discord.

Getting a pax 3

My first video job

Getting to meet Caroll Spinney and Steve Whitmire at Granite Con, Trace Bealieau and Frank Conniff at their “the mads” show, and Jason Marsden, Tara Strong, Veronica Taylor and Levar Burton at RI CC

Spending my 4/20 with friends for the first time

Seeing The Spongebob live musical, the 30th anniversary MST live show, Ringo Starr and his all-star band, Tucker Bethard, Jason Aldene, Keith Urban and Brett Young.

Seeing movies like Infinity War, Aquaman, Venom, Ralph Breaks the Internet, etc

Finding my political place

Getting healthier

To name some.

And...... the bad.

My job screwed me over three times.

Seeing too many true colors from friends and a family member. Having to cut ties sucks. But they’re out of my life.

Almost got in trouble with the cops no thanks to stupid parents at the park thinking I’m a creep.

My depression has gotten so bad to the point I wanted to kill myself three times.

Three people I know died.

Almost lost a lot of you guys as friends after that nasty incident on discord (but I thank everyone for bringing up to my attention that I was becoming a cock before things got even worse)

Seeing one of my good friends’ health deteriorating so much to the point I’m just shocked he’s even still alive.

Some guy almost tried to kick my *** in the parking lot just because I took a spot he wanted (seriously, get over it and move on).

That state of the world thread (and now may as well say the “respectful” politics thread :rolleyes:

So overall, not a good year but hopefully 2019 will be better for all of us.

Last edited:

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
2018 was a huge time of transition for me. I started a new school, a new life, met tons of new people/friends, joined this forum and MC Discord, and became busier than ever. Although a lot of crappy things happened, a lot of good things happened too! I'm super psyched for the new year and all that it will bring!

LETS GO 2019!