outfit variations

frink

Reaction score
Hello. Just giving my opinion on some of the muppet figures. My only complaint is some of the variations. I know you cant please everyone but I am a big fan of the old show. I would really like a standard version of all the characters. For instance I am really looking forward to a Gonzo with purple suit, Rowlf sans tuxedo, etc. I also just noticed that sam the eagle is now being released with an outfit from one of the movies. I really hope there are plans for these characters in their "classic" attire. I started collecting them hoping to have a nice selection of characters. The appeal of collecting these is the possibility of getting as many characters as possible. However I now am going to pass on certain guys in hope of the version I was looking for.
This is not a knock or me complaining but rather just floating out an opinion. Wonder how anyone else feels.

incredeeble!

Reaction score
It might appear at first that you might not find the "originals" but it's really a strategic move on Palisades part. They want to have a strong line for as long as they can. One way to do this is realease one or two main characters in each series so that each series will be a potential hit. It also gives consumers the opportunity to see and hopefully buy the other 2 lower profile figures and gain interest in the line.

Let's say they releases all of the original muppets in the first two or three sets. Would you collect after that??? Possibly a very little bit. A lot of people would probably do the same. They are avoiding having a lopsided run with these figures.

I personally think it's brilliant. I wish the Simpsons line was like that so I could have had the chance to get the whole original family...

kansasteen14

Reaction score
lots of people also want the regular versions but I like the variety,and welcome to the board.anyway Rowlf has been pushed back so the regular fig can perhaps sit on a bench by bending his knees and sam will have some special stuff to.

Aerosmith

Reaction score
If they make it where Rowlf can sit I hope they dont use rubber like Mcfarlane did to hide the joints (hee hee) on the Headless Horseman. Cause alot of people I talk to said theyre Headless Horseman figures legs has rotten off and so have the horses. Glad I dint buy one when I saw it! :big_grin:

Gonzo

Reaction score
Frink,

I'm with you! I really don't go for variations in ANY of my toys--I prefer the classic versions to all of the costume changes we're going to end up with, but I see why they're doing it. I can see myself buying the Tuxedo Rowlf and Daredevil Gonzo, but then after the "classic" versions come out, retiring those to a box somewhere and playing with/displaying the classic versions.

Also not a complaint or a criticism, just my opinion.

Quinnnnn