Over the Rainbow...

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Dear Readers,

The following story is fiction, it may happen, but it's fiction, it's part of a trilogy of stories known as Dreams, the stories center around different parts of the Muppet Universe, from Sesame Street to Fraggle Rock to The Muppet Show. Our first story "Over the Rainbow," takes place at the Benny Vandergist Memorial Theater, where there muppet gang realizes that the budget has been cut. Our main focus is on the friendship of Fozzie Bear and Kermit, where Fozzie has done something to get himself, fired. It was hard for Kermit, but he had to do it for his moral values, to teach Fozzie a lesson, but Fozzie doesn't see it that way. So here we go with the first story from the Dreams trilogy, Over the Rainbow.

Signed yours truely,

The Writer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1

"Why did you do this?", asked the feirce green frog.

"I, I, I don't know... I -- uh," mumbled the paniced bear as he lowered his hat with a somber face.

"I TRUSTED YOU FOZZIE. And now this?!", yelled the sobbing frog as he took a heavy breath.

"But Kermit...", Fozzie paused as he was trying to explain. He put his head down, crying.

"There's only,--" Kermit paused, "-- one thing I could --" , he sniffed trying to say the words but what he wanted to say just wasn't coming out, Kermit knew he was making a bold move "-- your, fired."

Fozzie raised his eyebrows as a sea of anger flodded down his eyes, he dashed away leaving his hat and tie behind. Kermit stood, as he watched the shadow slowly dissappearing.

"What have I done..", he thought to himself, "what have I done."

It was a few hours before show time that evening, the gang was pretty much still at a loss without Fozzie.

"I just can't believe Fozzie would do such a thing," said Gonzo, still shocked about the news.

"Well, right now, it's hard, be we got a show to do for tonight," said Kermit softly, he still felt bad about firing Fozzie, but it's what he, had to do.

"Kermit's right." Scooter said, trying to get focused on the show.

The backstage was quit, everyone was just depressed. Then, there was a few stomps as a short little man with a bald head and a bushy mustache walked in from the back entrance. He had a nice work suit, and small reading glasses.

"Are you, Kermit the Frog?" he asked, lifting up his glasses as they were slipping on his nose.

"Um, yes." Kermit gasped, he knew who the man was. It wasn't good news.

Chapter 2 will come later today, please tell me what you think about this story, advice, etc.

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Wow! That was quite a surprise. Will we get to find out what Fozzie did in the next chapter? Thanks!