1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Over Time

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by FISH'N'WOLFE, Feb 10, 2005.

1. FISH'N'WOLFE New Member

This short film is really quite unique, very different, I thought it was excellent. It really had almost a Tim Burton feel to it. View it here: Over Time
  2. Vic Romano Active Member

Is there something wrong with the site or is it just my computer. I click the link, the movie loads and the play bar slides acroos, but the screen stays white with no sound.
  3. FISH'N'WOLFE New Member

Hmm, is your QuickTime up to date? That's all I can think of that might be wrong. It loaded and played fine for me.
  4. FISH'N'WOLFE New Member

I also want to add that though this is listed as "Muppets Overtime" on the site, it doesn't appear to have anything to do with them. It's a mis-print most likely.
  5. Well I was able to see it..

Jeeze , that's cool!..loved it.
    That's first scene , freaked me out.I thought " Holy $#!+ , that's smooth puppetry!"..then I realised it's CG.

I wanna make short films with puppets!Very nice, very muppety....(like the chefs hat)

I wanted it bigger, and longer!...... :sympathy: can't believe I just said that!
  6. JaniceFerSure Active Member

I tried this site,went to Google & every site comes back to this same one;didn't work at all for me.
  7. Vic Romano Active Member

Must've been my home computer 'cause I was able to see it at work.
    Wow, that was beautiful, eerie, but beautiful. It may not be Muppets, but it sure seemed like some kind of tribute of Kermit to Jim, right down to having the cornet held wrong. Wonderful find, Fish.
  8. FISH'N'WOLFE New Member

Thanks Vic, I actually found it over at the Palisades Board, so I can't take credit. It's in the Muppets section in the thread "Muppet inspired CGI film" and was posted by Cory Mitchell. I wanted to share it with everyone here who might not see it otherwise.
  9. Vic Romano Active Member

Am I on the right track about the Kermit/Jim tribute?
  10. FISH'N'WOLFE New Member

I don't know for sure, but I assume so. I would love to find more information on this film.
  11. ScrapsFlippy Member

This film is so very sad and so very beautiful. Reminded me more of Jean-Pierre Jeunet than Tim Burton. The artists who created this film ought to be very proud of their work.

Kudos!

- Scraps
  12. Show and Tell Member

I loved it. Very nicely done. Kinda leaves ya hurting inside just a bit though.
  13. Vic Romano Active Member

This is really so beautiful. I've watched it 5 times. I wish I could download it and burn it to VCD. Stunning work, really stunning.
  14. FISH'N'WOLFE New Member

I know, I also would love to find this available. It's extremely moving.
  15. whatadoddle New Member

I really thought that this film was lovely, so moving, full of pathos! It shows that our puppets need us as much as we need them!
  16. PaulyPuppets New Member

Wow! Beautifully made. What amazing CG! I guess the word "Muppet" is there because of the fact that the puppet characters in the film are somewhat "Kermit" looking :) . Sweet and sad film. I loved it. I wonder if my puppets will do the same with me when I pass on. .....Pauly
    www.puppetsnstuff.com
  17. Show and Tell Member

I'd hope not. in reality that would be rather gross.
  18. PaulyPuppets New Member

Hardy har har :)
  19. whatadoddle New Member

I showed my drama student puppet - potty daughter the vid., and she said it was gross and disturbing, isn't it funny that with the perspective of a little bit of age (o.k. in my case alot!), we can see the beauty!
  20. Beauregard Well-Known Member

Oh, um...it was CGI? I wondered how it was so seamless...*embarased*