Overstuffled closet skit?

Motown Mike

Reaction score
Does anyone remember an old "Sesame" skit where one of the Muppets has a closet that's piled high with odds and ends, like Fibber McGee's, and another Muppet keeps opening the door and getting buried under an avalanche of junk?

For some reason I want to say the guy with the closet was Harvey Kneeslapper, with either Kermit or Grover as his stooge. I could be wrong about that, though. Does anybody else recall what I'm talking about?

Pug Lover

Reaction score
Harvey Kneeslapper was the one who jammed the closet with toys.It was one of his practical jokes.He had posted a sign on the closet door that read"OPEN",so that when a passerby opened the door,the entire pile of toys would fall all over them.However,when an anything-muppet came to open the door,the door was stuck and wouldn,t open.When the muppet gave up and walked off,Harvey Kneeslapper gave it a try.The door opened for him no problem,and the entire pile of toys fell on him. :wink:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
actually there were 3 scenes in this one. 1st one a girl opens it up and the toys don't fall, 2ns one was the kid you mentioned where the door is stuck. 3rd one was the funniest were the girl from the 1st scene come by reads the sign and the boy is also with her and she says of course we'll have to open the door to go to the theater. says to the boy come George do you have the tickets? don't wanna be late. don't forget to close the door. Harvey really puzzled this time says, wait aminute what's going on here? of course opens the door and you know what happenes.