Palisades acquires Labyrinth license

Whatever

Reaction score
I just heard at Tough Pigs that in the latest ToyFare issue Palisades say they have the right to produce Labyrinth figures. Supposedly they are going to make a 12 inch Jareth. I don't know if this is true, I don't see anything for sure at the Palisades site, but there is a thread of speculation: http://www.palisadestoys.com/forum/showthread.php?t=211 This would be so cool!:big_grin: :cool: :flirt:

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
More information: http://muppetnewsflash.blogspot.com/2005/10/palisades-and-labyrinth.html

The Muppet Newsflash said:
Palisades Toys (the producers of the now-ending line of Muppet action figures, and the now-starting line of Sesame Street figures) have just acquired the rights to producer all-new Labyrinth collectibles based on the popular 1980's Jim Henson fantasy film. The recent issue of Toyfare magazine announced that Palisades plans to launch the line in the Spring of 2006 with the release of a 12-inch figure of David Bowie as the Goblin King. The company hopes to make multiple Goblin King figures based on his various costumes throughout the film. Other Labyrinth figures, statues, busts, and products based on the other wonderful characters and creatures from the film have yet to be decided on yet, but the company is considering many possibilities to bring the world of Labyrinth to fans and collectors. Palisades should be making a more detailed public announcement about the licenses (which include the Labyrinth characters and David Bowie's likeness; no word on if other human characters - such as Sarah or Toby - will be picked up) very soon. I'll keep you all posted as more news on this upcoming line of what is sure to be fantastic collectibles develops.

Whatever

Reaction score
I know these will look fabulous- but at that scale, they'll be huge. I don't think I'll be able to afford them.