Palisades Availability worries!

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I have just been looking through the palisades website and the release schedule here at muppet central and there are many figures I really have to have that are exclusives and this makes it hard in Australia because the exclusives arent really available, we have Target here but I doubt they would have the muppet toys there.

The ones im woried I wont be able to get here are the chef with the lobsters, statler & Waldolf in the striped clothes, koozebane kermit
( I want most of all),Beaker & Bunsen in Tuxetos, and Jim Henson figure with kermit puppet.

Also, I am woried the mini figures wont be available here in Austrlia. With a bit of luck I will be able to get most of these but the main figures I cant miss out on are koozebanian kermit, jim henson figure, and the special statler and waldolf in striped clothes.

Does anyone know if these will be available in Australia?

Thanks,
from Paul
:smile: :wink:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Paul,

Have you thought about joining Palisades Collector's Club? You could get all of the figures on your list that way, except for Koozebane Kermit. Somebody here could pick you up one without any trouble if he's not available there.

uncleduke

Reaction score
I would really recommend you join the club as well. You can get the Con figures for actuall cost plus shipping.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I think Palisades still has their lifetime membership going on. It's fairly inexpensive. Just 30 or 40 bucks and then you have access to buy all the con exclusives. Koozebane Kermit is not covered by the club, but Chef, Vaudeville Statler and Waldorf, Bunsen and Beaker Tux, Tour Animal, Invisible Fozzie and Stunt Gonzo are available at standard exclusive prices. If you are a serious collector the club fee will pay for itself in your first order or two. It beats Ebay. Unfortunately you'll probably have to get Kermit from Ebay, but there will probably be plenty of them around for sale so the market for them won't be too bad. Target is getting a lot of them. :smile:

Luke

Reaction score
IMO the club would be a bad choice for all that unless they offered some kind of shipping deal to ship em together - he's in Australia so it'd be the $50 to join the club and then the high international shipping charges on each item on top of the item cost. He'd probably be better off going to a dealer on Ebay who's got it all up for auction sometime after the markets died down or finding someone here who's going to the shows and will send it as one parcel.

If he was in the states the club would be a great idea but Palisades have still yet to sort out a decent shipping method for international folk.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Luke said:
IMO the club would be a bad choice for all that unless they offered some kind of shipping deal to ship em together - he's in Australia so it'd be the $50 to join the club and then the high international shipping charges on each item on top of the item cost. He'd probably be better off going to a dealer on Ebay who's got it all up for auction sometime after the markets died down or finding someone here who's going to the shows and will send it as one parcel.

If he was in the states the club would be a great idea but Palisades have still yet to sort out a decent shipping method for international folk.
I think there are new shipping options for all members, not just domestic. Somebody correct me if I am wrong...but thought that was something that was being looked into.

Luke

Reaction score
ResidentLilly said:
I think there are new shipping options for all members, not just domestic. Somebody correct me if I am wrong...but thought that was something that was being looked into.
There are ? I haven't been checking the forum and site lately (ill and loadsa work) but i just did and theres no mention of it at all. It was being looked into but we never heard anything more - if you guys have managed to sort something out please let non-club members know cos it'd probably encourage a lot of sign-ups. Right now the club sign up page is pretty but doesnt say as much - no mention of whether the $50 fee is same for international people or what the future shipping is. Going by the old shipping this guy would have had to fork out five seperate courier charges so it would have worked out mega-expensive.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I think there is some confustion or perhaps you don't know the details for certain:

Fed Ex is still the only shipping option for the time being. The shipping cost of Tour Animal, S&W two-pack and B&B two-pack together would be $17. That's only $5.50 more than in the US. You really can't beat that for getting well-packaged mint condition figures direct from the source in an expedient manner. It is also competitively priced with the US Post office.

You'd likely pay more per figure on Ebay and still pay a lot for shipping. It's a good no-hassle, no-stress deal and it's a lifetime membership. The club pays for itself in its first or second transaction - and you still get a free Invisible Spray Fozzie for signing up! Paul seems like a serious collector so the club would certainly work for him - especially since there's no stress to outbid somebody on Ebay. I expect such items to have bidding wars. :attitude: :zany:

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
I have some answers from Tony.

1. If you initially join the club now at fifty bucks, that includes shipping anywhere in the world for your membership kit. I think there would be extra if you order multiples at that time, but the new section has...
2. There is a new shipping calculator in the CC section that allows you to buy multiple items and save money on shipping, and it also gives some shipping options. I do not know what the options are (never used it) but there are some. Most important to note though is in the past if bought five figs the shipping was the same for EACH fig. But now, if you bought the same five figs the shipping calculator does some weight calculations whcih does result in a much better price than the old system.

Hope that helps...OK, back to work for me...

Walker Boh

Reaction score
ResidentLilly said:
There is a new shipping calculator in the CC section that allows you to buy multiple items and save money on shipping, and it also gives some shipping options. I do not know what the options are (never used it) but there are some.
You haven't used it?! How do you get your Club items? :wink: