Palisades Board Refugee Camp

Aerosmith

Reaction score
What the **** are you talking about? I saw Travis to day at the Palisades booth at Mega Con got. tour :halo: and red shirt :sing:

Gonzo

Reaction score
Just about everything, man....it's "Family Friendly," dontchaknow.

:crazy:

Quinnnnnnnnnn

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Second Muppet Contest

Hey everyboddeeeeee! Ken's given the green light for the second Muppet contest! The thread's over at the Palisades forum. All we's gotta do is submit photos of our Muppet figure collections with at least one version of all the figures released from the very start. That's right, S1, S2, and S3 figures are needed for the contest pics. Other than that, it's just a question of the variety in our personal collection displays that will clinch us a victory or lose the whole thing. The contest's only open until next Friday, March 7, so let's get the buzz started on our entries!

Luke

Reaction score
Re: Second Muppet Contest

Originally posted by The Count
Hey everyboddeeeeee! Ken's given the green light for the second Muppet contest!
The thread is :-

http://www.palisadestoys.com/Forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1708

Incredibly nice of them to actually do a competition but a real shame it excludes people - it's a big prize so they want it to go to someone who's supported the entire line but S3 hasn't been available in every area, and what about international people who've paid the same amount of cash but come away with less figures cos of the inflated costs ? I think they've supported Palisades just as much. It seems lame what with their distribution problems.

It'd be cool if next time they could do something that includes everyone and is a bit more creative an idea - doesn't need to be a big prize. Something like the most interesting photo containing a Muppet figure. You could get people photographing the figures on top of the Empire State Building, halfway through a parachute dive, outside the Henson offices. That'd be funnier !

:grouchy:

GWGumby

Reaction score
Re: Re: Second Muppet Contest

Something like the most interesting photo containing a Muppet figure.
I like that idea! I'm sure there's plenty of different contest ideas that could generate some really cool entries.

Luke

Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Second Muppet Contest

Originally posted by GWGumby
I like that idea! I'm sure there's plenty of different contest ideas that could generate some really cool entries.
Yeah it'd be way cool - i could take Vacation Fozzie to Buckingham Palace and have him watching the changing of the guard, or you could have Scooter with dancers at a club. Even make a little lampshade to put on his head. There are plenty better contest ideas Palisades could have done, but apparently the prize is so good they need to test your 'support' for the line. Problem with that is in Muppet fan circles we do not ever gauge how much someone has supported something by how much money they've spent - it's not the 'Muppety' way and it doesn't make Palisades look great either. That said, i think they are pretty fair usually and try to do the right thing so they'll hopefully balance things out in the future with other cooler contests for everyone.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by The Count
Can anyone confirm Incredible's information that the Palisades forum is back on line? Any messages from Chief Quimby prooving the reemergence of the forum?
Well, I haven't seen the chief since I blew him up not to long ago...:crazy:

Man, them old cartoons have really screwed me up.:sleep: :boo:

PMK

Reaction score
Well, it looks like the contest is going to have to be extended, because the boards are done again. And just when I had an entry.

If you don't get this one, then you probably don't read Fark.

Tinkgumby

Reaction score
Originally posted by PMK
Well, it looks like the contest is going to have to be extended, because the boards are done again. And just when I had an entry.

If you don't get this one, then you probably don't read Fark.
PMK, your entry did make it in before it crashed. I saw it with me own eyes. (;

(And no, I didn't get it - I'll have Gumby explain it to me - he reads Fark!)