Palisades In 'Playing With Dolls'

Luke

Reaction score
Just wanted to mention a brillant new Comic Strip created by 'Toughpigs' fan arist Chris Smigliano and written by Danny Horn. 'Playing With Dolls' centers around two guys living together - one is an obsessive Muppet fan and the other one is 'normal'. A new strip comes out every week.

Anyway over the last two weeks the Palisades action figures have been featured in a strip called 'Secret Life Of Floyds'. It's about the guys Floyd action figure coming to life. You can also spot the 'in joke' where the Series 1 figs are pictured with a 'Leaning Kermit' and Broken Glasses 'Bunsen'.

The first strip is at :-

http://www.toughpigs.com/playingwithdolls05.htm

and you can click 'Next' for part two !

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Hi Luke, yes i thought those were so funny, I think Brett also has a hint of a muppet fan in him but not like how big jonny is, i mean it was a joke on how brett knew all that stuff on Andy and Randy Pig with Jonny not knowing it, but it doesn't mean he's "normal" ,this is just what i think.

The bag on Piggys head and dr. teeths hat on the ground was very funny too, i like how smig drew Bunsen's arm turned like that to show how his joints are not like Beakers are.

ofcourse they are just poked at in fun. not that they are bad.

zack)Rowlf the,dog

Luke

Reaction score
Hi Zack

Yeah with the latest strip, it does seem like Brett is a bit of a Muppet fan too. I never even noticed Miss Piggy with the bag on her head - well spotted. Yeah it's just all in fun i'm sure - satire etc from stuff thats been said on the forums. Floyd is shown as a perfect figure with no problems at all.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Well the only problem with Floyd is that Jonny doesn't know where to put him;-)

"Satire" YES! just about three weeks ago I learned what that word means, i'm just excited because I spotted a new Vocab word that i now know what it means.:big_grin: oh wait,
i should use the Red Fraggle face for excited...:excited:

Thanks for the english leason Luke! The checks in the mail,you can tutor me every Monday at this time:wink:

Zack, the dog

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Yes, it's funny, but it's also disturbing in a way. I just had a nightmare where I just touched my Dr. Teeth figure and it's nose instantly fell off.

:eek:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
lol! yeah i know what you mean, i never want to touch my bunsen figure for sake of his glasses brakeing, i wonder if his head could pop off and be switched with the Tux Bunsens head (when he comes out) beause Ken said his glasses would be more durable and will look more like bunsen did on the show.

I'd be scared trying to put his head off though.:confused: :eek:

Drtooth

Reaction score
This comic is very very well done!

I give it a five penguin rating....

:zany: :zany: :zany: :zany: :zany:

Of course, I can only fit 5... deserves more!

It just makes me wish I had a Floyd.... Can't find the dude anywhere!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I love the strip, and Smiggy is a great artiste!!

F:concern:Z

beakerman

Reaction score
drtooth...I have access to a few floyd's down here...I even know where there's a repaint of him sitting on a peg as we speak. I can pick it up for you tomorrow if you have something to trade for it. Do you have any muppets figures that are semi-rare? Just wondering. Let me know, I'd be glad to help in any way. I can get the repaint or non-repaint for $8.99 either way, so if you just wanna send me the money, we can work something out for a couple dollars gas money.

Raech

Reaction score
Oh I don't even have my Bunsen yet and I hear they break??? And that the other one will look more like the show one?

How so?

Worried now...

Great cartoon strip BTW. Loved bag head piggy. Must be the regular release :wink:

Skipped her.