Palisades Series 3 pics are on-line!

Luke

Reaction score
What is the price point likely to be on the Kitchen playset ? I hadn't read about that.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Suggested retail for Muppet Labs is $24.99, but street costs are around $20.99-$22.99. According to Ken, suggested retail for the Kitchen is $29.99, but street prices will likely be around $24.99-$27.99.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Phillip Chapman
Suggested retail for Muppet Labs is $24.99, but street costs are around $20.99-$22.99. According to Ken, suggested retail for the Kitchen is $29.99, but street prices will likely be around $24.99-$27.99.
Thanks Phillip ! Thats not too bad at all - more than reasonable in fact. When i heard the price increase mentioned i was imagining something dramatic that would put it out of my range. *Phew* !

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Okay, WHO'S BEEN SMOKING AROUND THE PROTOTYPES AGAIN?!?!?!? :wink:

I printed off a picture of the painted kitchen prototype to give to my comic retailer to help him drum up customers for preorders, and I noticed the pack of Marlboro's in the left hand corner. The Swedish Chef would never approve. No ashes in the food please. :eek:

Man, the entire wave looks great. I particularly like the fact that you guys have the attention to details, like the satiny finish on Scooter's jacket. And the kitchen looks even better than I could have imagined even with Ken's complimentary description. Kudos to Palisades. :smile:

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Louis Kazagger
Okay, WHO'S BEEN SMOKING AROUND THE PROTOTYPES AGAIN?!?!?!? :wink:
LOL - Just saw that. I think the Swedish Chef may well have a little habit he needs to tell us about - what a scandal ! I laughed my butt off where underneath the pic it says "Unapproved Painted Prototype - Subject To Revisions" - i'd say thats about right, the Henson people probably know he smokes a different brand ! ;-)

Electric Mayhem

Reaction score
Once again, a job well done by Palisades! I love each & every one of 'em!! And that kitchen! WOW!!!!

My only nitpick is Zoot's face. It's very close, but not as perfect as the others. I don't know if it's his big glasses, or the hair sculpt, but it's just off a bit. Plus he looks a little... constipated?? But the clothing & body & sax all look good.

I was also kinda bummed to read there will be no more Muppet logo bases. Hopefully they'll stand up jut as well without them...

matleo

Reaction score
Hey ken,

What kind of changes are you looking to make on these guys (being prototypes and all) I remeber when we first saw Series 1 and 2 you walked us thorugh the "don't look at this, don't look at tht and that's going to be redone" aspects of the figs. What are you thinking for these guys??

The look pretty good though. Some of them lack the life though that the serie 1 and 2 character have. Mainly Scooter. He seems very vacant to me. not just all there. Maybe he looks better in 3/4 view. I just noticed that part of it is he looks flat in the 2D pic.

Zoot..I've been trying to figure out what's not right with his face. At frist I though tt he glasses but they seem right. there's something weird where his hair meets his head. I dunno. For soem reason the repain sculpt diesn't bug me as much. Also, are you sure you want to to add a music stand with him? Dr. teeth and Floyd made fun of Don Knotss for using sheet music. Also it strikes me that Zoot's specialty is improv jazz (at least that's how I've always viewed him) Zoot wouldn't need sheet music. Oh well, I either won't play with it or pass it off to another fig ot play with. Maybe I'll give it to Rowlf.

Lew and Chef look good. They have the life that Series 1 and2 are imbued with. Although their colors seem off, is that just because of the pics? Lew looks pale, Chef looks a little dark. Actually Lew looks a little seasick. I always thought of him as having a richer gold or orange coloring.

Playset is wild!!! You guys have outdone yourself on that one. And worth the higher price for it. Thank you Mike Horn for for not tryin to cut back!!!

hope you don't find me too nitpicky here. As you know this is the series I want most!!!

--Matt

Anybody else notice that Chef will have a muffin tray??? Now, that's what I call a "fan nugget!"

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Ken, Mike, and everyone else at Palisades-- Great Job!! :big_grin:

That kitchen is unbelievable! So much detail. Love the radio and the phone. The row of 'glass' plates Chef can hurl food at -- wonderful! All that food to throw, the saw and fire extinguisher. And we haven't even seen the Lobster Banditos yet. Can't believe I'm gunna get all of that for under $30. Amazing job.

Figures look great, as usual. Love the frills on the end of Lew's collar. Can't wait to get a hold of Rowlf and check out that ear articulation!

Just when I think I've got a handle on how impressive this line is, you raise the standard. Keep it up!

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
To everyone who works at Palisades;

:big_grin:I LOVE YOU PEOPLE!!!:big_grin: