Palisades Sesame Street Protos

the80sdrummer

Reaction score
I've got just about every Palisades Muppet-related proto pic saved, here are some of the best of the SS gang, including a size comp I did myself & originally posted on the old Pal board ages ago.

Sesame Protos on Flickr

EDIT: I've got more pics, but sadly, no protos (though they wouldn't be for sale if I did! Sorry Drummer. :smile: )

You have no idea how happy you just made me! I, like the Count, would love to see more of the pics you have. You can pm me and I can get you my e-mail address if you want and/or have time.

Also, you wouldn't happen to know where these ended up, would you? I'd love to shoot some offers in his or her direction.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Thanks! I had a blast doing it.

I never saw a picture with Little Bird actually next to another figure, so I had to guestimate his size based on other pack-in figures' sizes. You'd probably be able to guess his height better than anyone here Jamie, do you think he'd be smaller or bigger?

I'd be more than happy to e-mail pics or post 'em on Flickr, I just need to find another half an hour to convert them all to JPEG's and upload 'em, ha. I've got more Sesame, the Muppet Babies, and Muppet variants & mini's. Does that cover it? There may be more, dunno.

Saved all these cuz I'm hoping to find the time SOMEDAY to make a lot of my own figures. 'Course I'd trade 'em all for a Sal!

Cheers,
:smile:
Anthony

EDIT: Forgot to add that no, I don't know where the actual protos ended up. Whenever Ken or someone else at PAL posted these pics, I just snapped 'em up! :batty:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Knowing if you have pics of the Baby Kermit and Baby Piggy, Sal Minella, Vet's Hospital, Muppets Wizard of Oz, Gobo Fraggle, and SST protos would be a big help for later on down the road.

But my questions for now are:
1 Do you have an isolated photo of the sculpt of the Count?
2 About how tall would you say the sculpt of the Count is?
3 Do you have photos showing or how would you say the sculpt of the Count compares heightwise against both the Kermit and/or Uncle Deadly figures?

Thanks for your help with this, take care and have a good night.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Ooh... AWESOME pics, Anthony! I'd love to get those others you have too, whenever you get them out. :big_grin:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Quick question... What are all of the SST characters in Anthony's proto pics?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Quick question... What are all of the SST characters in Anthony's proto pics?
That he;s uploaded so far....

Elmo- Painted (in rotation)

Cookie Monster- unpainted (rotation)

Count VonCount- Unpainted (rotation)

Big Bird - Painted (half rotation)

Bert- Unpainted (half rotation)

Bert- Unpainted head close up of happy and grouchy eye brow varients.

Cookie Monster- Single up close

Count VonCount- Single up close

Grover- Painted/ Single

In scale mock up of Little Bird (Painted), Cookie, Count, Big Bird (Unpainted) Bert, Ernie (unpainted) and Elmo (painted)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Drtooth. Another quick question... Since I have Ernie, about how much taller would you say the sculpt of the Count is compared to him in the group photo?

Also, I'd love to get at least the single photos of the sculpt of the Count. Hope Anthony checks back in soon.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Basically, the height difference is the same as between Bert and Ernie.The count is the same size as cookie Monster and Bert.The Count is about a quarter of a head taller than Ernie.
Just noticed the scale is different again on the link provided by the 80's drummer.In that link,
the size difference between Ernie and Bert is greater(about half a head difference) and cookie monster is taller than Bert, but the Count and cookie are still the same size.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for that info. So, going by KermieBaby47's pics... If the Count sculpt is a quarter head taller than Ernie, and these were initial sculpts, that makes me think that from sculpt to figure the Count would probably have ended up just as tall if not a smidge taller than Ernie. Good, cause that'd put him in equal height range with both Ernie and Uncle D.

Alls I need now is to askKermieBaby47 if he'd send me those single pics. :batty: :insatiable: *Happy sigh.