Pat Paulsen Clips

bigbird

Reaction score
Funny how you should mention about Carol Burnett reciting the alphabet and counting to 20. I never really remeber her doing it but DO remember Bill Cosby AND Pat Paulsen doing the alphabet and counting to 20. At the end of one of Pat's skits, (I forgot if it was counting or the alphabet), he could be heard saying a faint "whooppee!" Also James Earl Jones did both of those too! He was always somewhat scary to look at in my book! I don't know why. Pat was also seen as the clown who takes his makeup off little by little and after revealing what he looks like says "this is me...which face do you like better"? Then the screen splits in two and shows him with the clown face next to his real face. He looks at it and says "me too"!!!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
James Earl Jones looked a little scary because he had his head shaved for the movie he was starring in, "The Great White Hope" (Warner Bros, 1970). It was really intense the way he stared at the camera and never blinked.

Thanks for remnding me about Pat Paulsen. I remember that clip of him reciting the alphabet and his little "whoopie!" at the end. He also had a little button on his lapel and every time the light caught it we'd get a blinding flash.
For the longest time I've been trying to remember where did I see this guy, now I recognize him from the Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour (He even had his own little campaign to run for President in 1968, but Nixon put the kibosh on that. Too bad).

On one of the very early Unpaved episodes, baseball great Jackie Robinson got to say his A B C's too. I'm glad Noggin got to show that one, or we might have never seen it.

bigbird

Reaction score
Actually, for a very short time, although I don't really remember it too well, Pat Paulsen had his own show called "Pat Paulsen's Half A Comedy Hour". Very short lived though.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
bigbird said:
Funny how you should mention about Carol Burnett reciting the alphabet and counting to 20. I never really remeber her doing it but DO remember Bill Cosby AND Pat Paulsen doing the alphabet and counting to 20. At the end of one of Pat's skits, (I forgot if it was counting or the alphabet), he could be heard saying a faint "whooppee!" Also James Earl Jones did both of those too! He was always somewhat scary to look at in my book! I don't know why. Pat was also seen as the clown who takes his makeup off little by little and after revealing what he looks like says "this is me...which face do you like better"? Then the screen splits in two and shows him with the clown face next to his real face. He looks at it and says "me too"!!!
so that's who it was.

grinder

Reaction score
bigbird said:
Does anyone have access to this clown skit?? It would be much appreciated, I would pay$$ :smile:

Thanks!!

Looking

Reaction score
Does anyone have the clip of Pat Paulsen taking off his clown makeup? I'm working on a project overcomming fears and I would love to get this clip.