Paul Simon on the 'Street'

fatblue

Reaction score
I remember Paul Simon doing a wonderful ballad, and I don't know the name of it, it goes something like this (pardon me if the lyrics are screwed up, but it's been ages):

'I'd rather be a shadow than a snail
Yes I would, if I could
I surely would,

Hmm Hmm Hmmm

This truly was a great song. Does it ring a bell to anyone? I wonder if he has this on any of his albums.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
That song was El Condor Pasa, which can be found on Simon and Garfunkel's 1970 album Bridge Over Troubled Water.

Maybe I'm having a memory lapse, but I could've sworn on his 1977 appearance on Street, he did a version of Me and Julio Down By the Schoolyard. I may be right, I may be wrong. But I'm sure there's someone out there who knows for sure.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
i figure all of those segments were done on the same day considering he was wearing the same cloths in all of them. I don't know if it was like Steive Wonder where he was featured in 1 entire episode and they later reused the individual segments in later shows because I recall seeing them reused. never saw the episode itself untill Noggin came along. here's more more guest appearances. http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=12881&page-1&pp+15