Paul Winchell dies June 25, 2005

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I love Tigger! And of course he did lots of other great voices too. But being the Pooh freak I am, that's the main thing I always associate him with. It will be weird having someone else play him now.
Erin

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Oh, so sad! I heard it on the news this morning. Tigger has always been one of my favorites! Here's to Paul for voicing one of the funnest, most beloved characters of all time (at least in my book).

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
Jim Cumming may have to play Piglet too........ He has voiced Tigger since 1989
even though peple reported all weekend that Paul did it upto his death

Drtooth

Reaction score
This is indeed a tragic loss. Personally, I'll always remember him as Dick Dastardly and Tigger, but my fondest memory was his appearance on Garfield and Friends. In one episode, Paul voiced 2 rival grocery store owners, Gramps who owned a Mom and Pop store (with a comforting, folksy voice similar to Tigger) and Mr. Baggit, who owned the large chain store Food Monster (in a voice similar to Dick Dastardly). It was a pleasure to hear him play two distinctly different voices together.

He will be missed.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Xerus said:
He's voiced all sorts of characters from many studios.

Disney: Tigger, Chinese Cat from the Aristocats, Boomer from Fox and the Hound, Zummi Gummi.

Hanna-Barbera: Dick Dastardly, Goober, Woofer from Clue Club, Moe from Robotic Stooges, Gargamel from Smurfs.

DFE: Sam-I-Am and The Egg and Ham Hater from Dr. Seuss on the Loose
Let's not forget Fleegle from "The Banana Splits" :cry:

Xerus

Reaction score
MuppetDanny said:
Let's not forget Fleegle from "The Banana Splits" :cry:
Oh yes, I don't want to forget Fleagle. Another memorable HB character. And he was Revs in Wheelie and the Chopper Bunch.

I also remember Paul doing a voice in a Dow bathroom cleaner commercial. He did the leader of a troop of scrubbing bubbles. And I think he did the rookie bubble kid as well.

Bubble Leader: "Now let's go down the drain together!"

All the bubbles: "We work hard so you don't have to!"

Rowlf the dog

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
http://imdb.com/name/nm0934593/

Mostly known for doing the voice of TIGGER he did Gargamel, Dirk Dasterdly, gummi bears and many other cartoon

he was a great man I meet him in 1998 during collage he was a freind of the dean of my school they did voice work togther
I am a ventriloquist and Paul Winchell was one of my heroes. I wrote the IMDb bio that you quoted, thank you for that, "Winch" also had a site of his own at http://www.paulwinchell.com Check it out and learn more about a great vent and inventor. He will be missed in the vent community. :frown:
John