Penguins of Madagascar on Nickelodeon

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
As of now, I think Penguins is Nickelodeon's only decent show. At a time when everything else on Nick is loud, in your face, and/or loaded with obnoxious teenyboppers, it actually takes the risk of doing something different, and it works. Though as characters, I did always think the penguins themselves were relatively bland. Believe it or not, my favorite character on the show is Maurice (Julien's right-hand assistant). I always tend to like (and sympathize with) the "only sane man" characters on nearly every show.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Kung Fu Panda's pretty good too. Sure, it loses a lot of the depth of the movies, but it manages to get the spirit down. I like that they have the Jackie Chan character (Monkey) being voiced by the same guy who played Jackie Chan in the incredibly awesome Jackie Chan Adventures cartoon. But I've only seen about 2 or 3 episodes.

T.U.F.F. Puppy's pretty good. But then again, I'm a fan of Butch Hartman's anyway, so I tend to like his work.

Other than that, Nick just doesn't want to give cartoons a chance other than their preschool line up and Spongebob. And those bring them a LOT of money. I wouldn't be surprised if T.U.F.F. Puppy was axed soon. I hope it gets at least a Kid's meal promotion somewhere. I treasure the McDonald's toys of the canceled too soon Catscratched.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
Out of all the cartoons that I know Butch Hartman has done, nothing beats either Tuff Puppy, or the Fairly Oddparents.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wish I watched more of Danny Phantom. I really have to pick up some of those SHOUT DVD's of the series. I really liked what I saw of the series.

I'm a big FOP fan. I actually quite enjoyed that weird live action movie. I hope Shout gets the license to released that as a retail season by season set.

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
It's a good enough show, but there's just one thing I can't put my finger on that I don't like.:shifty:

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
It's a good enough show, but there's just one thing I can't put my finger on that I don't like.:shifty:
For as much as I love the show sometimes the humor gets very close too or crosses the line wher eit's almost too silly, if that makes sense. I like the humor for the most part but at times it feels a little over the top for the kind of humor that makes the show good.